PDA

View Full Version : landscape rock

njones
04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
how thick do you put down your rock and how much to lay it

Indy Kyle
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Uh.. you might want to be a little more specific with your question.

njones
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
if i am lay down rock for new landscape how thick should it be 2 to 3 inchs its the brown rock 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 size her they sell it buy the ton

Isobel
04-05-2008, 11:40 AM
What are you doing with the rock? Walkway, retaining wall, planting beds, etc?

Give us more details on your area, and what you're using it for, and what the question is.

njones
04-05-2008, 12:22 PM
new planting bed how thick do you normaly put it trying to figure out square foot say it is 3'x200' how may ton would i need

tamadrummer
04-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Figure on 9 yards of stone @ 3" thick.

The yard you are buying from will know how many tons you will be needing but I am sure that if you are asking this question, you don't have the truck to bring it to the site so they will be delivering it.

That is a butt load of stone, hopefully you either have your pesticide license and can apply a pre-m to prevent weeds from destroying the look of the stone almost instantly or you can get them to allow you to contract to an applicator that can. No matter how thick you put down stone, it will be a breeding ground for weeds!

DO NOT WASTE MONEY OR TIME ON WEED FABRIC!!!!

njones
04-05-2008, 01:20 PM
thank you i did not no how thick you layed the stone

tamadrummer
04-05-2008, 01:28 PM
You will want no less than 3" of thickness everywhere. Try not to allow there to be any low spots, especially if no pre-m is applied.

I personally hate stone mulch but if that is what they want that is what they get.

If you can, 4" would not hurt.

Good luck and make sure to price this right. Moving stone is not easy! You will be needing some motrin after this days work!