PDA

View Full Version : Push Mower?

JMiller08
04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey guys im going to be starting in june when i graduate and was thinking since its going to be later in the season could i get away with a simple push mower then upgrade next season? Will people be offended that im not using a commercial walk behind on there lawn? Normal lots around my town are about 1/4 of an acre. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks

jsw2008
04-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Nobody will care what equipment you use if you do a good job. Most homeowners wouldn't know a commericial wb if it bit them in the butt. Save all the money you can this year and next year pay cash for a nice mower.

Valk
04-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Keep your blade sharp and good things will happen.

daveintoledo
04-04-2008, 01:28 PM
everyone will already have hired somone, the only thing you will really get is the pita that no one else wants, the cheap people...

id get a job, save up and plan for next year...

dont forget, in ohio, you have to registure your business name with the state, get a vendors licence and charge sales tax which you will send to the state.,....you will need liability insurance, commercial insurance on your vehicle, commercial plates on your vehicle and trailor

and any local license requred by county or town......

lawnboyoung
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Nobody will care what equipment you use if you do a good job. Most homeowners wouldn't know a commericial wb if it bit them in the butt. Save all the money you can this year and next year pay cash for a nice mower.

i agree half of my stuff is junk and i still cut

stevenf
04-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I dont even buy my push mowers. I wait for them to come to me. Right now I have an old Ariens(aluminum deck) with a 6.5hp briggs electric start engine on it from a yard machine push mower. Any free mower I can get my hands on, I usually take it, keep the working parts, and then trash the rest lol.