PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Logos & Designs Striped Onto Larger Lawns?

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
04-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I've had this idea for many a year: to stripe corporate graphics onto larger, sweeping lawns for that big impact look. I don't know the dynamics or mechanics of the idea, I'm an "out of the box" thinker on such matters. Taking striping to a whole other level if you will. Any thoughts pro or con?

Elden
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I know it not really the same thing, but I just happened to flip past a Washington Nationals base ball game the other day. There was a huge cursive W in the middle of the perfectly striped field. I know those professional turf managers make tons of bank. If you could find the right corp. looking to make a statement. That could be a huge money maker.

Elden
04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/wasbpk.htm

you can kind of see it one one of the drawings

packey
04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Yes you can do alot with striping. Just practice first. Make a drawing of the area and on a piece of grid papper and sketch out the design to scale on the paper. then transfer that drawing to the area buy laying out reference parks on the ground using string. Next use a walk behind lawn roller or push broom to push/bend the grass in the desired direction. This is very time consuming but when it is done right it looks awesome.