PDA

View Full Version : replacement brushes for a sweeper

jeremy067390
04-04-2008, 12:27 AM
this is a random question. i have a mb tough sweeper i bought used. i feel the brushes are too stiff. hard on belts and bog down an 8.5 kohler. today my gear case got kinda hot too? any one know anything about replacements? it seems like other guys can just set their brooms down and roll, mine is a real bear. i have to set the wheels ect. arent the bristles shoft enough that it just sweeps easy? seems like mine are meant for black top

gene gls
04-04-2008, 08:36 AM
this is a random question. i have a mb tough sweeper i bought used. i feel the brushes are too stiff. hard on belts and bog down an 8.5 kohler. today my gear case got kinda hot too? any one know anything about replacements? it seems like other guys can just set their brooms down and roll, mine is a real bear. i have to set the wheels ect. arent the bristles shoft enough that it just sweeps easy? seems like mine are meant for black top

I have had an MB for years. Yes, its designed for use on a hard surface area. I have made several changes to mine to ease the handling on turf. It is still front end heavy. You have to adjust the guide wheels so the brush does not dig into the ground. I have mine set so I can run the brush at an angle to the right, first notch. The right guide wheel is set higher so it can run on top of the debris that the brush windrows up. This will alow the brush to be somewhat even on the ground. I over lap each pass and it works good. With it set up this way, I can't brush a hard surface with out resetting the higth of the guide wheels. I still have the original brush that came with the unit about 10 years ago. I replaced the original 5 HP motor with a 6 HP Honda. Its still undered powered. My buddy has a Sweepster brand that is much better suited for turf work. Its ballanced so it takes very little effort to control the brush. He runs his unit with out the guide wheels. Some of the new models have a reverse which would make life much easier.