PDA

View Full Version : exmark metro hp

Clint
11-28-2001, 06:18 PM
Yo, is this a good sturdy mower? I was on the phone with a local dealer and he told me he could sell me this for about 2800.

new exmark metro hp belt driven 15 HP with a 48" floating deck..

I need a WB and this looks like a good deal to me, whaddya thinK? how many hours will this machine run and what are some pro/cons of it?

Thanks,
Clint

65hoss
11-28-2001, 06:28 PM
I don't know about prices for that mower, but yes its a good mower. If you take care of the mower it will go 1000's of hours. Very good commercial grade exmark mower.

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 06:37 PM
We bought a Exmark Metro HP fixed deck last year. Had it 22minutes and gave back to dealer! Nothing but problems!
I hope you have better luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoneStarLawn
11-28-2001, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by landscaper3
We bought a Exmark Metro HP fixed deck last year. Had it 22minutes and gave back to dealer! Nothing but problems!
I hope you have better luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no fixed deck Metro HP.

The Metro HP model is a floating deck. The standard Metro is a fixed deck.

We actually do have a Metro HP and have great success with it. Excellent mower.

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 07:09 PM
Oh well it was a plain Metro but had major problems. Mabey the HP is a better machine?

Eng Mwr Guy
11-28-2001, 07:10 PM
Call me weird but how could a new mower give you enogh problems to give back to a dealer after you have purchased it for 22 minutes?

I am of course not an Exmark supporter BUT something doesn't seem right here. Please elaborate what happened. What problems?

Barry
Gravely Guy

65hoss
11-28-2001, 07:15 PM
I would like to hear this one myself. 22 minutes you wouldn't even finish cutting the 1st lawn. I have a fixed deck metro and other than 1 carb problem I have had nothing. Besides a little grease and oil, I've never had anything to do on the mower. Its got almost 2 full seasons on it.

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 07:58 PM
The knee shifter broke, the oil filter kept leaking, the air cleaner bolt kept coming off, 4th to 5th gear was like from a suburu to a corvette, the hand controls or control kept sticking then the cable broke, it couldnt keep a straight line from handle sticking, brakes didnt work AT ALL no stopping!!!! And finally the front right caster wheel froze up (bad fabricating from dealer wasnt round so which also contributed to the stearing problem it was more like 35minutes but we even had more problems when we brought it back, would go in reverse and that front caster bound up in housing so 3 of had to pick it up. No joke guys I was so pissed of even more when the dealer said nothing we can do so I left it and that was that. Was probly this 1 machine but was brand new and owner of 3 Walkers, couple of Z-Masters and a couple of Toro W/B and 4 Honda Harmony's we do know to operate mowers! Just this machine was a problem from day one. We demo many mowers a year and with our vast increase in business we will purchase 2 more Walkers and 1 more WB mower by summer. We give all a chance but this one failed.

LoneStarLawn
11-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Hand controls don't have a cable..that is a steel rod.

You said you bought it now you are talking about you demo everything.

You didn't even know it wasn't an HP.

I don't know how the shifter broke.... (especially since it was brand new)

Braking can be adjusted and the caster wheel could have just been replaced. (those things I can understand having something wrong because of dealer mistake.)

Flex-Deck
11-28-2001, 08:22 PM
Landscaper3: If you demoed different brands and bought the eXmark there must have been something that attracted you to the brand whether it be comfort, ease of controls, sturdieness, or whatever. I just bought a Buick Park AVE, and also have a 1995 Park Ave that our daughter is driving - the 95 has never had a problem, but it took 7 trips to the dealer to get the 2001 working properly. They are both good now. One machine does not brand a company - the service and support does. You did not mention what service and backup support eXmark offered. I have talked to a lot of LCO's on this forum and I can not believe that eXmark did not at least offer to not only fix the problem, but make you happy besides if you asked. Thanks, Brad

PS - Visit the sponsor forums - they contribute to this site's availability

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 08:40 PM
First (Lonestar) My story is not BS thank you! Second I wasnt bashing the company or model you better reread my reply I SAID THIS 1 MOWER!!!!!! 3rd there is a rod and thank you for correcting me it broke on the connection on the handle . And do to we are a fairly large company we have 2 local dealer that call us up on a regular basis for us to demo equipment and bring out equipment just for our thoughts. We stand buy those two dealers and one even sell Exmarks. We almost got the Exmark version of the ZMaster but they had a demo for $800less and we already had one Zmaster so we got it otherwise we would have got the Exmark. Bobcat, Case, Mustang also bring equipment for us to demo for our construction crews. We always look for new and improved equipment so the local dealers love to lend out there machines but I will never BASH a brand of equipment and reading my post will show you I didnt and hell no I didnt know exactly what it was a HP or non HP we had the damn thing so little time and we or my crew runs riders our other crews run the WB mowers. And with this dealer wanting to give NO HELP it made matters worst. So please read my response and you will see I was not bashing the brand and you will now see why we demo so much equipment for our response and I should have posted that so I wasnt taken out of text! And the BS commit was not called for! We are giving our opions here and mine was one wether you liked it or not which you didnt but yes we will in the future if the dealer wants demo another one.

Lawn Dog2001
11-28-2001, 09:00 PM
The exact same machine you are inquiring about is all I run.(As far as large WBs go anyway.) I have 2 48" MetroHps with 15hp Kaw's. The best machines I have ever owned. I have mulching kits on both of them, and they mulch fairly well. Wet grass seems to give them mulching problems, but these machines mulch leaves something fantastic. I think I paid $2699 for each machine. Each mulching kit was about $115. I have not had any problems. I did have to replace the starter cords on both Kaw engines. But I consider that routine maintainence. Go for it! Its a great machine.

Lawn Dog2001
11-28-2001, 09:11 PM
3rd there is a rod and thank you for correcting me it broke on the connection on the handle .

That rod is conected with a 5 cent cotter pin. The rod itself could not possibly break in 22 or 35min, or a year for that matter. Maybe the pin just poped out.

Also, if the canaster wheels froze did it ever occur to you to grease them.

Also, if we are talking about the 15Kaw there is no bolt on the air cleaner! The cleaner cover is attached with plastic clips. The air cleaner itself is attached with a wingnut.

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 09:11 PM
Lawn Dog are you anyway affilated with Lawn Dog lawn applicators? Just wondering for they service 75 of our properties

Lawn Dog2001
11-28-2001, 09:34 PM
Lawn Dog are you anyway affilated with Lawn Dog lawn applicators? Just wondering for they service 75 of our properties

No, Lawn Dog2001 is just my screenname. Im from Pittsburgh PA. Ill tell you what though, if my business ever expands far enough north to be in Maine, Im going to sell out to ServiceStar and retire! LOL :D

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 09:46 PM
We didnt grease it cause it was so new and the dealer wasnt friendly or helpful that must be why they went belly up. There was a wingnut that fell off and we though it was from the air cleaner do to the cover never stayed latched. As far as the wheel grease would help the shaft spindle itself was not round but more oval so the wheel would move small amounts from side to side but then would bind. It was siad to be new but with the dealers rep they ended up with it could have been a piece together or damaged from them! Yes I thought it was like a L bracket on the handle with a pin attached and broke before the pin itself.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-28-2001, 10:22 PM
Thank you for expanding on your initial post.

If someone told me they thought a Gravely was a poor machine and only demo'ed for 20 minutes I would not take their opinion seriously. (and ask them to pay for the gas they used up....LOL)

Once again, thank you.

Barry Adamski
Gravely Guy

Esby
11-28-2001, 10:33 PM
I own an Exmark Metro HP 48"/15hp Kaw. Its been a great machine with no problems other than I fouled a plug once. I would recomend one to anyone looking for a dang good mower at a low price. If you can afford it, go with a Lazer Z......man....what a dream!

dmk395
11-28-2001, 10:55 PM
Great machines, I have 2 of them.