PDA

View Full Version : Hourly Manhour rate

rhino42n
04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Hello all, Just a quick question for you. We are getting alot of calls for spring clean ups and want to be sure our hourly rate is competitive. What do you think is a fair price per man hour for cleanups?
Thanks

Wright48
04-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow hourly rate. You've got alot to learn.

rhino42n
04-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Why is that?

Grott
04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Some simple math with some serious thought.

First you need to calculate your fixed cost. Insurance, Loan Payments, Equipment replacement budget, and anything else that cost the business money, working or home on the X-Box.

Calculate a reasonable number of hours you are going to work during the season.

Divide and round up to a whole dollar. This is your fixed cost per hour.

Now what are your variable cost? Cost that go up when you work...fuel, labor,payroll tax, ss, unemployment insurance, trimmer line, blades...

Add variable and fixed these should cover your expenses...now add for profit. What you need per hour to live and save.

Add the Profit you need / can get. There is your per hour price.

Here is the tricky part, bid or estimate jobs for yourself in hours, then give the price for the job. If you screw up positive of negative, suck it up and go on to the next job, that's the cost of tuition in the school of real life.

Good luck

Grott

Whitetail Landscaping, MA
04-04-2008, 08:33 PM
We get $35.00 per hour per man, and thats about in the middle of the road up here.So a 2 hour clean up, with 2 guys is $140.00 and add a dumping fee if you have to take it away. Good luck!

Carolina Cuts
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I read this....
We are getting alot of calls for spring clean ups and want to be sure our hourly rate is competitive. What do you think is a fair price per man hour for cleanups?
and translate it to....
Hi, I'm new to the biz... threw some flyers and advertisements out there and don't know what to do next. Help.

questions, what is YOUR hourly rate? What does it cost YOUR company to be on site? Sometimes it's not always about being competitive... it's about overhead, what it costs to do business and show a reasonable profit at the end of the day. My hourly rate might be $40/man hr. Joe Shmoes might be $25hr....

some guys can't afford to drop their gates for less then $50. Others will cut for beer money. How much $ is good for you?

ps. Yea, I'm pretty blunt. Cause this question gets asked 10x day on here.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello all, Just a quick question for you. We are getting alot of calls for spring clean ups and want to be sure our hourly rate is competitive. What do you think is a fair price per man hour for cleanups?
Thanks

If you do a search on this topic,you will find lots of help. If you have lots of overhead,expense. It will be hire. Most charge between $35-$60 a man hour.

Slcareco
04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Some simple math with some serious thought.

First you need to calculate your fixed cost. Insurance, Loan Payments, Equipment replacement budget, and anything else that cost the business money, working or home on the X-Box.

Calculate a reasonable number of hours you are going to work during the season.

Divide and round up to a whole dollar. This is your fixed cost per hour.

Now what are your variable cost? Cost that go up when you work...fuel, labor,payroll tax, ss, unemployment insurance, trimmer line, blades...

Add variable and fixed these should cover your expenses...now add for profit. What you need per hour to live and save.

Add the Profit you need / can get. There is your per hour price.

Here is the tricky part, bid or estimate jobs for yourself in hours, then give the price for the job. If you screw up positive of negative, suck it up and go on to the next job, that's the cost of tuition in the school of real life.

Good luck

Grott

What is an equipment replacement budget???

S L C
04-05-2008, 12:13 AM
45-60 per hour... just depends on... :waving:

lawnman_scott
04-05-2008, 12:53 AM
What is an equipment replacement budget???pretty much what it sounds like. A budget to plan to save money for replacing equipment It wont last forever.

supercuts
04-05-2008, 08:44 AM
I read this....
ps. Yea, I'm pretty blunt. Cause this question gets asked 10x day on here.

since he cant read down like 10 threads to my last comment, ill just copy and paste it for him.

every customer is different. to me, spring cleanup is simply sticks and leaves. i certainly try to sell them on more if possible, such as mulch, bed edging, trim hedges, touch up on neglected areas, whatever. discuss it with your customers and see how far they want to take it. give them a price for each. if you using a tarp, rake and lopping shears, hourly price is the way to go. $50 per man hour. once you've invest all your $$$ in equiptment, charge by the job and you'll make more per hour.

DrGreenThumb
04-05-2008, 02:03 PM
We get $35.00 per hour per man, and thats about in the middle of the road up here.So a 2 hour clean up, with 2 guys is $140.00 and add a dumping fee if you have to take it away. Good luck!

Im in Rhode Island im getting about 50-65 depending on how much work there is.

Sunstate Lawn
04-05-2008, 08:25 PM
5 bucks per yard minimum. Start there and work your way up.