PDA

View Full Version : Fert. spreader options, assistance please

treemonkey
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Gentlemen,

I am looking for options to apply fertilizer in two different scenarios at my work place.

First, I have about 3 acres of non-irrigated lawns to maintain. I fertilize only 3 times a year. Sometimes I apply grub control. I have a ZTR, Gator, and compact tractor for power.

Second, I have 1/4 to 1 acre nursery plots that I apply ag. products (fertilizer) to.

I am familiar with Vicon pendulum spreaders and Gandy drop spreaders. An 8 foot Gandy costs almost $5,000 dollars!!!!!

I'm stuck between wanting an efficient system, but I can't justify the high cost to do something a few times a year.

Are there other high quality spreaders out there that are ACCURATE for less $$$$$$?

Thanks for any input.

RAlmaroad
04-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Gentlemen,

I am looking for options to apply fertilizer in two different scenarios at my work place.

First, I have about 3 acres of non-irrigated lawns to maintain. I fertilize only 3 times a year. Sometimes I apply grub control. I have a ZTR, Gator, and compact tractor for power.

Second, I have 1/4 to 1 acre nursery plots that I apply ag. products (fertilizer) to.

I am familiar with Vicon pendulum spreaders and Gandy drop spreaders. An 8 foot Gandy costs almost $5,000 dollars!!!!!

I'm stuck between wanting an efficient system, but I can't justify the high cost to do something a few times a year.

Are there other high quality spreaders out there that are ACCURATE for less $$$$$$?

Thanks for any input.

Lordy, there are many under $5K. Check out Tractor Supply for a PTO driven spreader for that compact tractor or even a good size pull behind for the gator.

PSUTURFGEEK
04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Vicon makes the best and most uniform large turf hopper, nothing can beat the agitation and distrabution of product that the Vicon has.

americanlawn
04-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Spyker makes very nice units. Check 'em out. They last for many years. The 220 or 120 will fit your needs.

Grassmechanic
04-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Vicon makes the best and most uniform large turf hopper, nothing can beat the agitation and distrabution of product that the Vicon has.

I'll second that!