PDA

View Full Version : Ever accidentally send a flier to another LCO?

JeffNY
04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
There's an area I want to hit with fliers, and I know theres another LCO in there, just not sure which house is his.
Anyone else ever received fliers from another LCO?

Just curious.

LunarLandscape
04-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I get around three a week closed inside my screen door. It is good to know what services these companys are providing. I like to read all of the offers and then read the fine print. Ex. with one year contract, 2.50 fuel surcharge etc.

GreenAcresLC
04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I've NEVER gotten a flier from an LCO in my town for the 4+ years I've lived at this address...until this year. I registered my biz name, and within a month had a flier from about every major player in town in my box, or stuck on my door. This was back in the winter, like Dec. - Feb. I kinda took it as a "lets mess with the new guy", but that's ok, it let me take a peek at what the competition was doing as far as advertising. Go ahead and mail it to all the houses. This guy will probably laugh and throw it away. unless, that is, there is something on your flier you don't want him to see. In that case, you may want to Not have that on your flier, he's gonna see it whether you send him a flier or not. JMO

bohiaa
04-04-2008, 07:35 PM
when I was younger I worked for a pizza shop....it was NEW in town and it did quite well.

the owner would go around town and order pizza from other places bring it in and let us sample it......

ten years later this guy was selling franchizes.... his name is Mr Jim's Pizza....

P.Services
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
i just got home from doing fliers all day, in the boxes their was about 4 or 5 other fliers 4 of them where home made and one was from a company called c & p landscape that said " you buy the mulch we spread it" it looked nice but i dont think that idea will make to much money.

DBL
04-04-2008, 08:35 PM
we sent out 5k postcards and a couple of my buddies (landscapers) told me they got them...and ones girlfriend got one too

P.Services
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
we sent out 5k postcards and a couple of my buddies (landscapers) told me they got them...and ones girlfriend got one too

how many call backs did you get?

THRIFTY
04-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I handed another LCO a flier at his door step this year! He was sitting on the tailgate of his truck in his garage and as I approached him I noticed an everide scorpion sitting in his garage, I chuckled a little bit! I handed him the flier for shits and giggles, he laughed too. We conversed a little bit about lawncare, and then I went on. He was a cool guy, but it was a tad akward!

JLAWNCARE
04-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I get a lot at the door my wife tells me shes gonna call them if i dont get the spring clean up done at my house soon

txgrassguy
04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Nope.
Don't send flyers out - never have.

Carolina Cuts
04-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I get a lot at the door my wife tells me shes gonna call them if i dont get the spring clean up done at my house soon

:laugh: she's awesome! I like that.

Slcareco
04-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Im going to copyright all of my documents! Anyone else do that?

DBL
04-05-2008, 05:53 PM
how many call backs did you get?

went out less than a week ago and we already did about 20+ estimates

LindblomRJ
04-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I handed another LCO a flier at his door step this year! He was sitting on the tailgate of his truck in his garage and as I approached him I noticed an everide scorpion sitting in his garage, I chuckled a little bit! I handed him the flier for shits and giggles, he laughed too. We conversed a little bit about lawncare, and then I went on. He was a cool guy, but it was a tad akward!

Sounds like that could have been an opportunity to network.

GreenthumbGA
04-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I have one LCO in town that I do not go into his neighborhood with flyers. My guys know not to go in there either. I respect him because he has mentored me in many ways.

I personally get a handful a year from the new start ups. There is allways a handful of people each year trying to start something up...not many follow through.

4curbappeal
04-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes, It's no big deal! I also sell Real Estate and it happens all the time! Don't worry about it! You are an LCO not a medium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!