PDA

View Full Version : new business cards tell me what you think

oakhillslandscaping
04-04-2008, 04:46 PM
i kno this is the picture forum but i got business cards made today and i thought i would share them see what you guys think

MJS
04-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Looks pretty darn good to me - I think simple is better on business cards.
Possibly the word "landscaping" could've been made a little bit bigger. Other than that, it looks great.

Metro Lawn
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Just my opinion, but I took graphic arts for 4 years. "Landscaping" too hard to read. No address or state listed. No name listed. Alot of empty space that could have been used for services ect. No real need for your email address if you don't have a website. No fax number listed. If you are working from home and don't want your address on them, get a po box. You have to give them somewhere to send payments ect. You could also just leave no address and put something like "Serving the Dunstable area"

oakhillslandscaping
04-04-2008, 06:47 PM
hey metro you are absolutely right on that stuff although this is just one of my cards i have another one that is a personal one with my name on it, and i completely agree with landscaping being to small and you are right about getting a po box thanks for the imput i really appreciate it

Metro Lawn
04-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I wasn't knocking the card. The actual design is great. It is crisp and clean, not cluttered or too busy. I am looking at it from a customer point of view. If someone gave me that card, I wouldn't feel all that secure in doing business due to the lack of info makes it look as if you are trying to hide something. I have a decent size business, but still work from a home office. I rent a couple of storage yards to keep equipment in. My house is on a 40 x 110 lot... kind of hard to fit 14 trucks, 5 trailers, a loader, and the rest here. What I did was set up a virtual office. I mow an office building and made a deal with the owner to use his address for mail, put my name on the sign, and use of the conference room if I need it for $75 a month. It has worked out good so far.