PDA

View Full Version : Concrete weeds

Reliable Lawn Care
04-04-2008, 05:33 PM
I was wondering if any of you have used " Soil Sterite" , spelling maybe off. I am taking care of a large concrete lot, where the weeds will start coming up between the cracks. Wondering what you feel would be the best to use besides round up. We want to spray all the cracks before weeks start and something that will last most of the season.
Thanks for any imput

Reliable Lawn Care
04-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I was wondering if any of you have used " Soil Sterite" , spelling maybe off. I am taking care of a large concrete lot, where the weeds will start coming up between the cracks. Wondering what you feel would be the best to use besides round up. We want to spray all the cracks before weeks start and something that will last most of the season.
Thanks for any imput

Sorry, "before weeds start"

no_longer_lurker
04-04-2008, 06:11 PM
there is a produce, i think its called ProDuece. it is glysophate (round up) and prodiamine (barricade)

It will give you a pretty good residual (figure about 90 days)

mngrassguy
04-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I like to mix surflan and round-up. Yellow dye in surflan makes it easier to see where it goes. Lasts about 5-10 years!!!

ATVracer
04-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Pramitol or I think the other one is Sahara. They are Ground Sterilants...don't get them anywhere near water.

LwnmwrMan22
04-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Pramitol or I think the other one is Sahara. They are Ground Sterilants...don't get them anywhere near water.

Or anything you don't want dead for an extended period of time for that matter.

ArizPestWeed
04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Liquid Cement works pretty well

Reliable Lawn Care
04-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I like to mix surflan and round-up. Yellow dye in surflan makes it easier to see where it goes. Lasts about 5-10 years!!!

I agree, but the customer doesn't want the die to show up. And I also agree about not being near water. There is no worry about water or run off in this situation. I appreciate the anwsers everyone has given. Options are great to have so I can choose the smartest application. Have a great weekend.

naughty62
04-06-2008, 09:44 AM
We do a few lots and the biggest problem early season is knotweed and later on as it gets hot ,is spurge . I prefer to spray twice a year .But you can mix in a good pre m or something like produece .( dont know the cost) . most sterlants are not lableled for commmericial properties or have warning statement about applying eminant run off surfaces .Those two weed will survive baking hot temps and high traffic but not gly. .

teeca
04-06-2008, 09:49 PM
i cant stand pramitol, very over rated and old chemistry.. i lke hyvar xl. the problem with the soil sterilents is the amount of product need, and the fact they take forever to kill any existing weeds. i have found and always bid on more then one appication. i'd submit a bid for atleast two applications, schedule the first one in the early spring and use a pre-m product, then the next with a post/pre-m product. prodamine/aquacap/dimension all are colorless so you don't need to worrey and all do a great job. pramitol has a very rich odor, hyvar is much less and more plesent. round up has almose none, prodamine/aquacap/dimension are not that noticable either.

diypestandweed
04-21-2008, 12:17 AM
A few things I would like to comment on this thread.

I am new here, so I may not be aware of some humor implied here.

But I am curious as to see where Surflan could last 5-10 years.

As far as the sterilants, I would rotate the use of the sterilant used from year to year. This is mentioned on most sterilant labels to swtich from Ureas, triazines, etc.

Pramitol tends to be harsh on pumps, but it is a proven well established herbicide.

Hyvar works great. Bromacil tends to excell best on pernnial grasses, but can be effective on weeds.

Sahara may be the least expensive of the three mentioned in this thread so far.

Even though you mentioned it is a large concrete lot, just spraying the cracks you won't use much of any product. Whatever you decide to use I would look at a generic they are just as good and less expensive.

There are generics of both Hyvar and Sahara and Pramitol is already fairly inexpensive.

Stillwater
04-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Repair the cracks.......