PDA

View Full Version : ALCA-SIMA-Or others

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 08:51 PM
We belong to these and others, how many of you belong to these or related associations. We have found the residential which we have mostly given up really doesnt pay much attention to these or others but commercial accounts seem to notice these association as a great prospect in businesses.

landscaper3
11-28-2001, 09:17 PM
WOW no members. I would think this would seperate you from the others in your area?

BRL
11-28-2001, 11:16 PM
SIMA here. Haven't decided on a green side association to join yet. More inclined toward ALCA though.

Matthew Morgan
11-29-2001, 01:25 AM
PLCAA.

A wealth of info. Good money spent.

Matthew

GroundKprs
11-29-2001, 01:40 AM
Joining an association will not necessarily gain the respect of your clients or potential clients. It will introduce you to peers who can help you with their experience and knowledge.

The best part of industry associations is the annual or semi-annual conferences. I had to miss the GIE this year, too many family events from Denver to Maine, and in between. Next year GIE is November 13-16, 2002, at the Opryland Hotel, Nashville, TN. If you haven't seen this hotel, you are really in for an eyeopener: somewhere between 3 to 6 acres of indoor landscaping, with water flowing through the whole thing.

Guido
11-29-2001, 03:03 AM
BRL's comments

Lanelle
11-29-2001, 07:58 AM
Member of ALCA, Northern Virginia Nursery and Landscape Association, Virginia Nursery and Landscape Association, SIMA. I am an officer for NVNLA and a committee member of the Greens Industry Professional Seminar (of the DC area). Educational opportunities and useful resources of many types make these worthwhile.