PDA

View Full Version : Website Photography

kutnkru
11-28-2001, 09:54 PM
I was just wondering as I am working on the content for a website for my business.

I was just curious as to how people like John Allin, Eric ELM, Bill @ Fine Lines and others protect their photography from others who just clip and paste or whatever to their own site???

As a professional I take pride in my works as most here do and I want to find out how (if there is a way) to stop just any Mow-N-Go LCO from using my images at his/her site.

Thanks in advance,
Kris

TLS
11-28-2001, 10:02 PM
Aside from making a multipart image (dont know the correct term) I guess a watermark would do, but may look tacky on YOUR site. Other than NOT worrying about it.... NOT much more you can do!

Anyway, who would find your sites pictures that wasn't from here? And then, if you find a link from here to someone elses with your pics, just HOLLAR at them.

I think your worrying about it too much.

Eric ELM
11-28-2001, 10:09 PM
Kris, I now have the code to stop right click on my site. I will send you the code when you are ready to do your site.

KirbysLawn
11-28-2001, 10:13 PM
Eric send me the code, been looking for it.

Eric ELM
11-28-2001, 10:27 PM
Yes I will Ray, I'm completely redoing my computer tonight, so I still need to get Office Pro installed before I can get to the code.

I will have it all done by tomorrow. To much rebooting to do it now.

crazygator
11-28-2001, 10:32 PM
You could also set it up in Flash, then it couldnt get downloaded and it would load fast, and look as good or even better. Eric let me know if I can help you!

GreenQuest Lawn
11-28-2001, 10:32 PM
I would be interested as well Eric.

LoneStarLawn
11-28-2001, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Eric ELM
Kris, I now have the code to stop right click on my site. I will send you the code when you are ready to do your site.

There is still a way to get to those pictures Eric. It not real hard.

I think you might want to check into marking those pics somehow ...it is just a shame that people do this.

Eric ELM
11-28-2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by crazygator
You could also set it up in Flash, then it couldnt get downloaded and it would load fast, and look as good or even better. Eric let me know if I can help you!

Thanks, I just might take you up on that. I know nothing about flash.

Yes I know the right click can be bypassed, but it keeps the average dumby from doing it. ;)

thelawnguy
11-28-2001, 10:58 PM
I think that a watermark with your web address is the best deterrent from having photos pirated. Someone can still use them, but not without altering them.

Fantasy Lawns
11-28-2001, 11:02 PM
http://webdesign.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.artistscope.com/secure%5Fimage/secure/about.htm

Secure Image 2.1 seems pretty good