PDA

View Full Version : PG one hole or three

scweedman
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Has anyone tried the pg with one hole? i have the three hole and was wondering if the one hole would do better with clogging

PSUTURFGEEK
04-04-2008, 10:42 PM
We have a few of the Magnums with the full slide as you say one hole and thier awesome, maybe the most even spread I've ever seen, if you go through Lesco ask for the custom Brinley magnum, it takes about two weeks for them to build, and the price is 6495.00, it's alot higher if you buy directly from Perma Green. It still has the magnum hopper buit it has the spyker impeller and the Brinley/spyker clockwise gearbox. the only thing I don't like is the adjustment wheel for spreader settings is like the Ultra SE on the right side. Otherwise it's worth the extra couple hundred bucks.

rcreech
04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Why does your three hole plug?

Are you using "chunky" or wet fert?

I have yet to have a problem with the three hole spreader.

RigglePLC
04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I have had problems at times spreading high analysis fertilizer at low rates. Also high humidity or a little drizzle cause problems.

Its easy, just close off the right hole with duct tape. Close off the left hole with the "Third hole adjustment". Open up about 2 notches additional, and use the center hole only. One BIG opening. Reads about a 22 or over on the spreader guages--opening may be as much as 3/4ths of an inch.

Not sure how to adjust the left to right eveness.

No guarantee--let us know how you make out.

scweedman
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Is it the same spyker as the ss220 machine?