PDA

View Full Version : A mower that stripes better than Erics

1MajorTom
11-28-2001, 11:47 PM
Ok, so you clicked on this thread, and thought "Yeah Right".
Well let me tell you. This 21 LB can sure lay down some "tire tracks". ;)

What do ya all think? Competition for Eric?????
Now please, don't be taking this picture and claiming it as one of your own lawns on your website. :)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/020/l8/EI/Bq/dK55858.jpg

Disclaimer: Just having some fun. :)

65hoss
11-29-2001, 12:00 AM
Watch out, someone my steal that picture and put on their website.:D

vipermanz
11-29-2001, 02:56 AM
thank you jodiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!, what's your secret????:)

Richard Martin
11-29-2001, 07:38 AM
From left to right across the picture it looks like you made 2 passes away from the camera, 10 passes towards the camera and then 8 more away from the camera.

CLARKE
11-29-2001, 08:56 AM
I never seen Eric cut grass that looks like this before, But i've seen this on lots of HOME OWNERS lawns they mow like this......:alien:

Chopper Lover
11-29-2001, 09:12 AM
Clarke,

I think it looks more like a smaller version of what many of the "Striper's" here at Lawnsite.com produce....

If a home owner is good enough to reproduce the same thing (and it's not like it's BRAIN SURGERY) more power to them...

Very professional looking job Jodi... Keep up the good work!

Happy Holidays!
Mark

MOW ED
11-29-2001, 09:17 AM
He must have AG tires on that Lawnboy.

Runner
11-29-2001, 12:22 PM
It kind of reminds me of the beginning of Green Acres! :D

SLS
11-29-2001, 01:12 PM
That little mower must weigh a ton! :D

I kinda had the same mental picture as Runner:
Looks like those tracks would make for good irrigation...soybeans anyone? ;)

Green Care
11-29-2001, 02:01 PM
Looks good there show more so I can compare ,the both of you guys pictuer's.

groundsguy1970
11-29-2001, 02:59 PM
F:\GIFS\LAWNMO~2.GIF

I noticed some clover in the lower right area! ;)

1MajorTom
11-29-2001, 03:13 PM
Quote: I noticed some clover in the lower right area!

You must be seeing things ;)

You got to realize. That picture was shot with a Fuji disposable camera.
You'd be hard pressed to get down on your hands and knees and find a weed in our yard.

With grass this lush, a weed doesn't stand a fighting chance. :)

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Lawnzzz
Looks good there show more so I can compare ,the both of you guys pictuer's.

BTW, as Jodi said, she is just having some fun. I will post one of my picture though so you can see them both in one thread. To see more, just go to my website. Just click on the FLAG below or the icon below any of my posts that says WWW which is a link to people that have websites. Here is one of my favorites below. ;)

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010829-012.jpg

crazygator
11-29-2001, 05:05 PM
Ok everyone. A while back I posted that I was playing around with my 21" and a cheap striping kit, so here it is again. Kinda like a smaller Eric stripe job. I like yours Jodi, maybe we can partner up and out stripe the master with tandem 21's..LOL :D I don't think I will have to chase anyone stealing my photo's, hahaha.

http://www.lighthouseimages.com/3lawn.jpg

Pauls Mowing
11-29-2001, 05:21 PM
Eric wins for stripes, Jodi wins for ruts.

Paul

1MajorTom
11-29-2001, 05:40 PM
Quote: Jodi wins for ruts.

LMAO. :laugh:

Obviously you can't compare apples to oranges. I only posted this pic in fun.

I went in to the living room to tell Matt this. He is spouting off at the mouth even as I type. He erupted like a volcano. That's why I have to keep him away from the keyboard. ;)

First off, this is our own lawn. Those aren't ruts silly. Why do you think we use a 21, we do that just so we can baby this lawn. We don't put anything heavy on our lawn to even cause a rut. The grass is cut high, those aren't stripes, those are just tires marks.

Thanks Mark and Crazygator for understanding that this is just cutting on a smaller scale.

Pauls Mowing
11-29-2001, 06:13 PM
I know you posted it in fun, Jodi....scroll up and look at SLS's post.... I cleaned my glasses again....still looks like ruts!!!!
Tell Matt to calm down! But I'll still give you 5 points for posting a nice pic of some really green lawn when we have 13" of snow on the ground.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

SLS
11-29-2001, 06:52 PM
LOL, Paul!!!

Was was just funnin' around too Jodi...in keeping with the spirit of the thread. :D

Really, that is some good looking turf!

1MajorTom
11-29-2001, 07:13 PM
:confused: I just don't get it. If my yard had ruts, why would I be stupid enough to post a picture of it?

The definition of those lines has nothing to do with the mower. It's because of the ultimate plushness of the turf, and the fact we don't even walk in our back yard at all except once a week to cut it. Just walking on it leaves footprints that takes hours to disappear.

I don't know. Maybe next year we will just buy a hover mower for our lawn. ;) Or better yet, we'll fashion a good set of floatation tires on all four corners.

No offense taken. This is a great forum where opened minded people come to express their ideas. Of course being a woman, I know I'm right about the ruts. :laugh:

Disclaimer: I don't normally respond so many times to one thread, but since this is our own lawn, I felt I had to stick up for "our baby." It's sorta like if your kid at school gets picked on, you just want to kick the crap outta that bully. ;)

crazygator
11-29-2001, 08:50 PM
Hey Jodi, just calm down. Your lawn looks beautiful compared to mine above. Just remember, all the ones giving you a hard time with what they call "RUTS" are just probably used to leaving them all day on their jobs and it looked really familiar to them, so they just assume "RUTS"...hehehe ;)

Davis TLC
11-29-2001, 09:01 PM
It looks great Jodi. These guys are just jealous that your lawn looks so good.

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 09:13 PM
BTW I forgot to mention, your lawn does look nice Jodi and Matt.

GreenQuest Lawn
11-29-2001, 11:06 PM
Well I think your yard looks great jodi. Must be nice to lay down in it. I wish mine looked like it but I just rent and live WAY off the road so there is no need.

Just for fun mabey I will snap a pic of mine some time and post it !!

Everyone will get a laugh out of that!!:D

HOMER
11-29-2001, 11:57 PM
Be proud............defend your property with all your might Jodi.

Looks good. Now if my little patch of fescue will come up I will try and get some pictures this winter.......before it dies of heat exhaustion.

joshua
11-30-2001, 03:19 AM
jodi, nice strips, but i was most impressed with the landscape and the center piece being a plastic bag in the middle. is that a new trend in your area? and one last one do you think i should use it in the future but maybe shape it alittle differently. just messing with you:blob3: