PDA

View Full Version : Walker Broom any money???

CLC
11-29-2001, 12:26 AM
Do you think it would be wise to buy a hitch and broom for my walker, and try to start sweeping parking lots in the spring.
Any money in that bussiness?

65hoss
11-29-2001, 12:30 AM
I don't know about using a Walker, but the guys I know with the trucks that do this are making real good money.

landscaper3
11-29-2001, 12:34 AM
Walker makes a rotory and a fixed broom. The rotory one costs some money but we got a used fixed type broomer for our walkers and works great where the Bobcat sweeper cant get. How big are the lots? Do you live in a snow region area? you can also move light snow with them.

captdevo
11-29-2001, 12:42 AM
rotary broom works great for spring clean ups on lawns, lots, and walks.

they work great on dethatching also.

Brian,

who made your fixed broom?

CLC
11-29-2001, 12:43 AM
landscaper3 I live about a hour south from you. Dont have any lots yet i wanted to see if it was worth tring to get into this biz . does the fixed broom just run across the ground ?

landscaper3
11-29-2001, 12:47 AM
Our local Walker dealer called me one saturday and asked if he wanted me to bring it up to our shop and said yes. It is yellow like the walkers but doesnt say Walker on it so not sure who made it. Our other distributor has a different one only in color its red and goes on mowers and another stlye for trucks on front of plow frame.

captdevo
11-29-2001, 12:50 AM
does it mount on the deck like a dethatcher or does it mount with the deck off on the deck pins?

does it lift for transport?

could you send me a picture?

it sounds interesting

landscaper3
11-29-2001, 12:51 AM
Yeah your about 1hr from us CLC. It is like the Walker dethacher it has a lever to raise and lower! There is a local dealer for me but we can locate a dealer closer to you if you want? Email me and ill give youthe # to either the Walker dealer or distributor.

CLC
11-29-2001, 12:57 AM
what would you recomend to get
my email is lawncare@maine.rr.com

landscaper3
11-29-2001, 01:13 AM
Not to cut into sales but if your lots are good size rent or lease a bobcat with a sweeper on it. Hertz Equipment rental in Portland gives really good rates plus they will deliver it. On our larger lots we powerbroom all sand and debri from snow removal from lawn areas on pavement then broom up with skidsteers! We use the bristle broomer for walkways and smaller areas. It all depends on your lot sizes? Also if you do go with a skidsteer sweeper and have no onsite disposal you will need to charge extra for that.

Strongmd
12-23-2002, 08:22 AM
capt devo, how much does the implement attachment and the rotary broom generally retail for?

captdevo
12-23-2002, 08:28 AM
hitch $933

Rotary Broom $2333

these are list prices.......

i have some used stuff left, like new!!

hitch $825

Rotary Broom $2000

dave