PDA

View Full Version : Help determining sq footage of mulch job

merrimacmill
04-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Got a call today for a spring clean up and mulch job. So I went out to measure out the beds and all. The beds have got to be some of the most confusing I've ever seen. Its almost like a crop circle design in some areas. The guy has a circle of mulch, then a ring of gravel around that, then a ring of mulch around that. Then theres like a little straight strip that connects it to another one of these designs and it all links together. I know how to get the square footage of those beds. But hes also got some that are like a big circle with like 1/2 ovals or 1/3 circles or straights all attached and I don't even know where to begin.

The driveway is a turn around driveway, so hes got these beds that wrap around it and they start out about 4 feet wide then wrap around and the closer to the street they get, the narrower they get. I don't know where to start with those either. Should I just eye ball it? It is a pretty big job though. Heres a VERY ROUGH picture I did in paint of the beds. I don't even know if this is exactly what they were like by memory, but this is the type of stuff there is there.

merrimacmill
04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
no ideas anyone? I'm thinking of just looking at them as rectangles to get a very rough idea then just eye balling it from there. And giving him a range on the price such as it could be $xxx.00 to $xxx.00. I don't know what else to do.

treegal1
04-05-2008, 07:31 PM
yes length x width skip the ODD shapes then add 50% more and your there
think you need 2 pallets get 4
dont give a range bid it and go