PDA

View Full Version : Good flyer story

ghfire
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Went out yesterday to pass out some flyers. While I was doing this neighborhood I ran across a guy bent over doing some work on a gutter, just thougt he was the home owner. Went up and said I was just passing out some flyers in the neighborhood for lawn service. He then jumpes up and said he was an LCO and did not want to see the dam flyer and that he was sick of seeing people out going door to door like me. I then relize I know the guy, he cuts my old neighbors lawn. He did not relizes who I was though. I told him I was sorry and told him that he did not need to be an A#%. I then left. Later on I was thinking about this and came up with a good idea. I went to my old neighbors house and explained the story to her and picked up her lawn. She told me that when he called to start up this season she was going to tell him that she did not want an A#% to cut her lawn and she was going with someone else. HAHA

DrGreenThumb
04-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Some people forget that customers are the reason we eat with out costomers there is no need for us. Treat everyone you deal with, with respect I have elderly customers that I will have out with for a half hour or so Just so they can talk, dont think I dont make them the last cut of the day though. LOL

WrightWay05
04-05-2008, 06:05 PM
ha thats pretty funny

GreenthumbGA
04-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I make my guys knock and talk to clents, they hate it but they know the deal.

DLAWNS
04-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Went out yesterday to pass out some flyers. While I was doing this neighborhood I ran across a guy bent over doing some work on a gutter, just thougt he was the home owner. Went up and said I was just passing out some flyers in the neighborhood for lawn service. He then jumpes up and said he was an LCO and did not want to see the dam flyer and that he was sick of seeing people out going door to door like me. I then relize I know the guy, he cuts my old neighbors lawn. He did not relizes who I was though. I told him I was sorry and told him that he did not need to be an A#%. I then left. Later on I was thinking about this and came up with a good idea. I went to my old neighbors house and explained the story to her and picked up her lawn. She told me that when he called to start up this season she was going to tell him that she did not want an A#% to cut her lawn and she was going with someone else. HAHA

Nice, thats a great story.

deere615
04-05-2008, 11:37 PM
haha, funny story. I try to talk to everyone with respect

Lawncop26
04-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but thats a catchy logo you got there greenthumb.

A to Z lawn care
04-06-2008, 12:51 AM
haha! thats funny

Carolina Cuts
04-06-2008, 08:27 AM
More $, same $, or less $ then him?

ghfire
04-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Same money

chrisludwig
04-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Great story. He must be losing alot of accounts.
Quick, send that guy a letter indicating you will buy his accounts. But then again, you can follow him around and get them for free.

lostmdboy
04-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Always pays to be nice. No matter how bad you do not want too. Always time back in the truck to cuss people.