PDA

View Full Version : Another day in my other office 60' up instead of on my michagan seat office

smcunningham
04-06-2008, 01:04 AM
more pics coming

smcunningham
04-06-2008, 01:09 AM
ditto...,,,,,,,,,

smcunningham
04-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Hope you all like em........

Fahzu
04-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Nice ending.:cool2:

trdtundra00
04-06-2008, 01:55 AM
are those powerlines as close to those limbs as they look? and if so how did you fall them without hitting the lines?

LawnBoy89
04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I just cut down 2 trees in a similiar situation I don't think they were quite as high they were maples probably around 45 ft high. I never really cut down too many trees before the first one took me about an hour the second one identical took me around 30 minutes lol.

FearThisDeere
04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Cool pics. Too bad I'm scared to death of heights!

smcunningham
04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
are those powerlines as close to those limbs as they look? and if so how did you fall them without hitting the lines?

Yes, a cable and phone line ran straight threw the tree. on the other side of the tree a house feed (power line) ran under the two biggest limbs. Those limbs were cut in two sections each and a 4 to 1 mechanical advantage was rigged two pull them back up in to the tree and then swung around the tree then lowered down. Almost ever limb in this tree was rigged in one form or another.

There's a house 20' on one side and a house 20' the other side a shed about 5' behind it, plus a white vinyl fence all the way around it... There was no way to speed line the limbs out of the area due to other trees and houses.

By far the most challenging removal for me.. I did have a certified linesman there with us. A good buddy of mine...It helps to have that advantage when bidding tree removals when electricity is involved.

PORTER 05
04-06-2008, 01:37 PM
sweet job, hardcore----cant believe you guys go all the way up ther.e freaks me out when i see companys doing it around here..

i wouldnt hang my stuff though on customers fences and stuff, i try not to lean anything up again cars, houses fences ect, just incase sothing brakes you know-

smcunningham
04-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I just cut down 2 trees in a similiar situation I don't think they were quite as high they were maples probably around 45 ft high. I never really cut down too many trees before the first one took me about an hour the second one identical took me around 30 minutes lol.

Wish this tree would of took an hour....I spent about 5 straight hours in it.:cry:

smcunningham
04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
sweet job, hardcore----cant believe you guys go all the way up ther.e freaks me out when i see companys doing it around here..

i wouldnt hang my stuff though on customers fences and stuff, i try not to lean anything up again cars, houses fences ect, just incase sothing brakes you know-

Yeah, I probaly should not of hung my belt / saddle there in case of breaking it....though it would of been kinda of funny....think about it.....take the whole tree done with all kinds of property damage at risk and complete the job safely and then finish, hang your saddle on the fence and it falls over and breaks:laugh:

DBL
04-06-2008, 02:03 PM
looks likes you did a nice job...i need to find a good climber because im getting tired of it

AndyTblc
04-06-2008, 06:23 PM
If I was you. I probly would have passed out from being up that high.

JosephLawnCare
04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Nice job man. that is hard work that not too many people know about. Again, nice work!:drinkup:

Cooter
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Thats awesome. You did a good job. I would love to learn to climb like that.

LindblomRJ
04-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Nice job. Looks like a lot of fun.

smcunningham
04-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for all the comments everybody...I try to keep learning different skills that I can make money with that are related to or not to far off from lawncare and landscaping....lets face it anybody can mow a yard and spread some mulch...not taking anything away from landscaping because theres a lot of things I need to learn how to do.....do good and decent work at, ie;hardscaping ect ect. Not just any tom dick or harry can climb and do tree removals. Its kind of like my side biz aside from lawn/landscaping. The more I do it the more I sometimes would rather do it than lawn/landscaping because of the huge difference in $$ made in a day, but the risk level is threw the roof. So I'll stick with a couple tree removals a month for now...Plus its a little more costly a lot more...chipper, bucket truck, stump grinder...you get the point.

GSPHUNTER
04-08-2008, 01:08 PM
No thanks, I like the ground way to much. Good job though.

DoetschOutdoor
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Do you mind me asking about what does a job like that cost? Alot of risk so I know you got paid well.

Superior L & L
04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I wondered the $$$ in it also

smcunningham
04-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Superior L & L I wondered the $$$ in it also

DoetschOutdoor Do you mind me asking about what does a job like that cost? Alot of risk so I know you got paid well.

I charged 1600.00 for the removal of the tree and 300.00 to grind the stump fill with top soil and seed/fert and straw. It was was all finished in about 8 1/2hours for 1900.00$. plus I ended up with about 1 1/2 cords of fire wood which I'll make about another 255.00$.:cool2:

ant
04-09-2008, 12:05 AM
nice job. do you have problems getting rid of the wood? we have a central boiler and thak all wood from a local tree guy. he saves money and i get wood.
ant

smcunningham
04-09-2008, 12:19 PM
ant nice job. do you have problems getting rid of the wood? we have a central boiler and thak all wood from a local tree guy. he saves money and i get wood.
ant

No problems @ all getting rid of it. I stock pile it @ the farm and when I'm slow split and stack...sell it in the fall.

Fordsuvparts
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Great looking job, you can tell you know what you are doing, that is about the same price that we would charge to do the same tree here in KY. On a tree that challenging you need to make good money, you have a lot of risk that others don't realize with a job of this type.
Most think that you can just go in and cut it down in one cut, not knowing that it make take 50-100 cuts to have it on the ground with no collateral damage. The fire wood is always a nice plus at the end of the day.

Supper Grassy
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Great Pics and nice job

fordmstng66
04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I had 2 Oaks taken down last year, the guy i used (old neighbor) had a tree climber. Was the coolest thing i had seen. Would never see me up there. Good work. They cheated, and diconnected the cable, and phone off the house, but they still had to deal with 2 power lines going through the trees

smcunningham
04-10-2008, 03:10 AM
Great looking job, you can tell you know what you are doing, that is about the same price that we would charge to do the same tree here in KY. On a tree that challenging you need to make good money, you have a lot of risk that others don't realize with a job of this type.
Most think that you can just go in and cut it down in one cut, not knowing that it make take 50-100 cuts to have it on the ground with no collateral damage. The fire wood is always a nice plus at the end of the day.

Yeah, I agree 100% about people thinking it'll be one cut and not knowing collateral damage... A 100 pound limb dropping 70' can have an impact force of 400 pounds or greater.