PDA

View Full Version : What are you spraying now in OK?

GCLC
04-06-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm near Tulsa. If you guys get a new customer, what do you spray after it's too late for a pre em (I have barricade)? I was thinking it would still be a good idea to spray the barricade, and add some msma to get any crab grass that has sprouted (predominantly bermuda lawns). Is this what you do?

Are you offering the same 4- 6 step program you were earlier? Do you add some to the price to cover the cost of adding msma or some other post em. crab killer?

ted putnam
04-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm near Tulsa. If you guys get a new customer, what do you spray after it's too late for a pre em (I have barricade)? I was thinking it would still be a good idea to spray the barricade, and add some msma to get any crab grass that has sprouted (predominantly bermuda lawns). Is this what you do?

Are you offering the same 4- 6 step program you were earlier? Do you add some to the price to cover the cost of adding msma or some other post em. crab killer?

MSMA is good to add to the mix. If temps are right(75-80) it'll take that baby crabgrass right out. You still need the barricade for future germination. I don't charge any extra. MSMA is cheap and I just figure it as a little added cost of doing business...Good Luck.

VARMIT COMMISSION
04-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I apply a pre em on just about every new yard I pick up. Unless the customer already had a pre put down. Usually a fert. with the pre em on it like pro-pendi from andersons. I think it is a bit early for msma. Those night time temps. affect msma also.

GCLC
04-07-2008, 01:48 AM
So what apps would you apply if a customer signed up between now and say May, not including fert? Mostly bermuda with some fescue lawns.

VARMIT COMMISSION
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
A pre em and a herbicide depending on what weeds if any they have.