PDA

View Full Version : equipment shopping

JohnyNCa
11-29-2001, 03:16 PM
im looking to purchase some new equipment (lawnmower, hedge trimmer) and was wondering if now is the best time to buy or when is the best time so that i can get a good deal. I was thinking of buying the equipment next year when i was planning on buying it, but if i can save a few bucks then now rather than later? Thanks

LAWNGODFATHER
11-29-2001, 03:34 PM
Before you start working. They don't have many deal out, atleast in St. Lewy.

odin
11-29-2001, 03:40 PM
Get it when you can save some dough
If you know you are gonna need it get it if it saves you money

awm
11-29-2001, 06:50 PM
its a good time to buy. but u need to find a dealer whos hurtin for sales. some are just coasting until the end of the yr.
also some very low hrs commercial equipment should be available from would be lcos who have changed their mind.
in this situation watch for poor maintenance,and pay accordingly.
u might just be able to make a save face payment an take up payments.good luck

65hoss
11-29-2001, 07:22 PM
Watch the papers. Many people that think they want the "quick, big bucks" of this biz will be selling out about now. Found out it takes a few years to really make a good living.

bubble boy
11-29-2001, 08:30 PM
i prefer to purchase in the spring.

if i buy a mower for six thousand, my dealer has a six cheques, no interest deal. i write the cheques for the first of the month for may to oct. i know cash flow will be fine in those months.

if i buy equipment now, i will be paying for it over the winter, which for me is the low income time of year. cash flow is tighter in the winter.

also, i wont make the final decision on how many guys to run until the spring. so until i know that, i hold off on buying.

if the above arent a concern for you, deals are likely better now.

awm
11-29-2001, 09:04 PM
bubble boy ,i can see how that could work well. in my situation
im afraid it would weigh too heavily on the back of my mind.
i still see how it could be a good thing for some though.later now

keifer
11-29-2001, 09:35 PM
iN MY NECK of the woods now is probbly the best time to buy . If you wait till spring when you will start to work your warrenty will be longer six of one half dozen of another.

shawns mowing
11-29-2001, 10:18 PM
i just bought 2 shindaiwa grass trimmers t260 and t230 from a dealer thats going out of bizz for $400 for both. so buy when you find a good deal.