PDA

View Full Version : Stihl KM110 Fuel Line Problem

Lawn Boy 5000
04-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Hello,

While attempting to change the fuel filter on my Stihl KM110, I accidentally pulled the fuel line out from the inside of the tank. By looking at it now, it seems the line is way to short to even just change out the filter while leaving the line in the tank. My problem is I donít see how to reconnect it inside that gas tank. Is there a way to do this or must you purchase an entire new gas tank?

Thanks,

Justin

JHugh
04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
You do not need to buy a new tank. Look on the top of your tank where the fuel hose comes out and connects to the carburetor. There is a removeable connector that comes out of the tank. Pry the connector out with a small screwdriver. Install the fuel hose and filter to the connector, and install the connector back into the tank.

Lawn Boy 5000
04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Justin

Stillwater
04-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Justin

The line goes straight through the rubber boot in the tank if the line is expanded a bit it could be difficult to push through... just do your best

sawman65
04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
that line is a one pice line if you pulled it out without pulling the whole molded line out you broke it.go get a new line the line does not go through the grommet, it is part of it. the best way to do this is to pull the tank off. easy to do.

Stillwater
04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
that line is a one pice line if you pulled it out without pulling the whole molded line out you broke it.go get a new line the line does not go through the grommet, it is part of it. the best way to do this is to pull the tank off. easy to do.

I have always pulled a new line through the gromet, never have I had a issue with doing that.

sawman65
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
its not the right way to do it it may work but i like to use the right part from stihl

Stillwater
04-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Not the right way to do it? OH Pleeease.... Are you a Parts changer or mechanic? only you can decide. Don't bait people for a argument it is rude not worth it and unhelpful.

mjlcare
04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
it def just slides through i have done this countless times when changing the filter, obviously the dealer like you to come and buy there $5 fuel lines

sawman65
04-08-2008, 08:47 AM
ok let me ask you a question.IF it leaks cathes fire do you think stihl will warranty? what if your whole rig goes up in a ball of flame is stihl gona be liable? hope you have good insurance. that wont look into why your stuff caught fire. cause they will and they will try to get stihl to pay.then when stihl tell them it was you fault. you get 0 dollars to replace said equipment. that is helpfull. now if i ever need to know how to burn my stuff up i will come to you for help. now to the guy that started this thread. dont listen to shade tree mechanics do it right. as my dad allways said "if you can do it half azzed you may as well not do it at all" besides if the line costs 5 dollars and a foot of tygon fule line cost 2.50 why would you risk a fire over 2.50?

Stillwater
04-08-2008, 10:39 AM
ok let me ask you a question.IF it leaks cathes fire do you think stihl will warranty? what if your whole rig goes up in a ball of flame is stihl gona be liable? hope you have good insurance. that wont look into why your stuff caught fire. cause they will and they will try to get stihl to pay.then when stihl tell them it was you fault. you get 0 dollars to replace said equipment. that is helpfull. now if i ever need to know how to burn my stuff up i will come to you for help. now to the guy that started this thread. dont listen to shade tree mechanics do it right. as my dad allways said "if you can do it half azzed you may as well not do it at all" besides if the line costs 5 dollars and a foot of tygon fule line cost 2.50 why would you risk a fire over 2.50?

I could tear this post of yours apart without effort, Stop baiting

sawman65
04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
if you think i am baiting you thats ok. your not the one i was trying to help. you seem to know it all. class dismissed