PDA

View Full Version : Weed problems in NC

Mac B.
04-06-2008, 03:35 PM
I think it is chickweed, but whatever it is it has taken over my lawn and beds. Is there an easy way to get rid of it without doing it by hand? It is in my liriope and was wondering about 2-4D or something of that nature. It is also in my hasta beds and I guess I will have to weed it by hand. Any ideas?

Thanks Mac

RAlmaroad
04-06-2008, 08:37 PM
What type of lawn do you have? Cool season fescue and blue grass can be treated with Trimec. You'll have to hand pull around the lirope and Hosta bed. Hostas are up yet are they?
Another good product is "Weed Free" by Fertilome. Get the 40 degree stuff. I'm not real sure about it since I do not have the container here with me. I picked up a bottle back in February last year and used it on a patch of chickweed on a bank when the weather was cool and it did a good job. The turf was fescue.
Many 3-ways are good. In TN, I like Southern Ag. and PBI Gordon's blend with Trimec. Lesco has many good products for most broadleafs. Why not swing by there and talk with the rep. if all else fails. Any good Co-op will have the Southern Ag and Gordon's products.
Roy

Mac B.
04-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the reply, my grass is centipede. Also my hastas are already up. I was wondering if some sort of broadleaf herbicide would work without hurting the liriope? I usually use Weedar 64 with good results but did not know if it would harm the liriopy.

Thanks Mac