PDA

View Full Version : what brand of trimmer and blower

edgeman2003
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Looked at home depot today at the brand echo for the trimmer and blower. Which model sould I get in the trimmer? what blower model. I want the one thats going to last at least a three or more years.http://www.echo-usa.com/prods_list.asp?Category=TRIMMER

lawnboyoung
04-06-2008, 08:48 PM
get an srm modle ilke the 230 and for the blower get a backpack pb modle.just a peice of advice dont go to home depot anymore for equipment.

sky_lawncare
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I bought the SRM 230 trimmer. They don't sell a decent enough echo blower at Home Depot though, I'm going to visit an Echo dealer and pick up a PB-620.

edgeman2003
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
get an srm modle ilke the 230 and for the blower get a backpack pb modle.just a peice of advice dont go to home depot anymore for equipment.

I only went there looking for the trimmer and blower and maybe a 21'' walk behind. Im getting a scag wildcat soon. I just need a good trimmers

deere615
04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I got the SRM 210 from there, haven't used it yet though

KGR landscapeing
04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
if your gonna waste your money you mine as well go over to sears and get a craftsman that is like a combi unit. cause the onc you get a real trimmer you can burn that up running something eles on it. just my 2 cents

jiggz
04-06-2008, 09:39 PM
it depends on what your going to be blowing.. if your mainly using it for grass clippings your best bet is gonna be a handheld Sthil makes some REAL strongs ones like there bg55 model and its cheep like around 150-170.. alot stronger then my small echo handheld.. remeber backpacks are cool but there kind of a pain in the ass when you just want to grab something for quick clean ups..I only really use mine for leaf clean ups or big commercial propertys..Ive never used Echo trimmers before so i cant speak on them

freshprince94
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Echo is the only brand you want to buy if buying equipment at Home Depot. It is commercial grade, just their low end stuff except for their curved shaft trimmer which is a homeowner model. Ryobi, Homelite, Weedeater, Poulan, Troy Bilt, those are all PITA homeowner brands you want to stay away from. I have a Homelite trimmer as a last resort backup and it is a huge POS.

Echo blowers at HD are fine for grass and light leaves or a tight budget but I would recommend going to a dealer for an Echo blower. The better blowers aren't sold at HD.