PDA

View Full Version : new exmark line

Clint
11-29-2001, 05:17 PM
I'm assuming that the new exmark line comes out sometime in january? i dunno cause im new to the lawn biz.. I heard they were all going to have ECS and I was wondering if the prices were going to stay the same or go up?

Thanks,
Clint

odin
11-29-2001, 05:24 PM
Clint

I dont know but i would bet they go up in 2002

Green Care
11-29-2001, 05:29 PM
Clint, You might want to check there site.

Runner
11-29-2001, 05:46 PM
I believe thier stuff is usually released in February. One of the Exmark guys just said on a thread within the last few days, that there aren't really any significant changes in any of the equip. except some feature options like the ECS controls being available on all walkbehinds now, the fuel fill openings are a little larger, and the foot assisted deck lift being standard equip. now. Other than that, he said it was just a little behind the scenes tweaking that doesn't really show.
Oh yeah, and they were preparing to release "IT" in their '02 product lineup.

Mark
11-29-2001, 09:31 PM
Runner i talked to two exmark dealers Tuesday and they are going up next yr. I priced the Lazer Z 60 with 26hp-efi 2001price-8999 2002-9499.00, I think they said first increase in 6yrs. Marks Mowing Service ps don't know if thats local or everywhere.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 01:01 AM
Prices will go up as usual

Changes made:

All hydros WB's will have parking brake, Nelson filter, larger fuel filler opening. as standard equipment

ECS has been out since spring. Possably pistal grips will no longer be made in 2 years.

Lazer has had deck lift assist since spring, also will have some fine tunning adj. on the deck supports. Hydros will have 1000psi pop off valves. And I think but not sure Nelson air filter as standard equipment.

Not going to offer 23hp Kaw or Kohler any more on Lazer 60"

Ultra cut deck is standard now 5.5" deep

Balde bolts on all spindles are longer and fine thread.

Mower can be started while not sitting in seat (more for machanic feature)

They have a 27hpLC Diesel now.

32" Viking Hydro released in spring.

that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Kent Lawns
11-30-2001, 01:12 AM
Totally redone Turf Tracer:

New deck frame
New front castors and bearings
New ECS (Not avail on '01 TT)
New Donaldson (1st on a WB)
Bigger drive tires
Faster ground speed
Deeper deck
etc., etc.

Ya know, just the basics of eXmark keeping years ahead of the competition.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 01:17 AM
Exmark doesn't use a donaldson it's a Nelson

as with different locations dealers get things earlier than others.

ECS is an option for 2002 on all WB's

2003 pistol grips will no longer be in production. INFO via Exmark rep

Didn't get that other info on the WB stuff that you mensioned.

Kent Lawns
11-30-2001, 01:22 AM
Didn't know it was a Nelson, thanx. (I tested the '02 this summer, lots of changes)

From what I understand, the TT will be avail only w/ ECS.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 01:31 AM
Where abouts in the midwest might you be?

Maby your dealer will not sell both as options:confused:

Kent Lawns
11-30-2001, 01:42 AM
I don't buy from a dealer.

The machine was a factory prototype I used.

They'd indicated the TT would only be available w/ ECS. No pistol grip on the TT.

Pistol grips would only be for TTHP on down.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 01:51 AM
How do you buy?

From the distibuter.

I emailed Exmark to make sure we are correct.

P.S. you didn't answer where in the midwest you are from.

Flex-Deck
11-30-2001, 03:40 PM
Where you from Kent Lawn's - may want to involve you in an eXmark - Flex-Deck prototype test deal. We are talking to eXmark as are some of the LCO's. We at Flex-Deck understand that it takes time to take on any changes by large companies that are committed to safety and quality. eXmark is obviously committed to both, and we don't expect anything to happen quickly. However if there are some of you LCO's willing to take on the Flex-Deck option on an eXmark as a testing and proving type deal with eXmarks approval - we will be glad to work with all of you.
Thanks, Brad

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 04:52 PM
Corrections:

Nelson air filter on Kohler V-twins only.

Larger fuel filler on ZTR's only.

SLS
11-30-2001, 05:44 PM
Why is Exmark dropping the 23 hp Kawi so soon?

Problems maybe? Or just to move into bigger engines?

I bought a new Lazer 60 w/ the 23 Kawi back in the spring.

400 hrs so far...with no problems at all. It seems to have plenty of power too...at least for my applications. I do wish it had more in the way of a Donelson or Nelson type air filtration system though.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 05:49 PM
Low seller

Kent Lawns
11-30-2001, 06:00 PM
lol.. actually it was replaced by the 27hp LC Kaw. They upgraded the 22 to 23hp and now will be offering just the 27 so they can mount both 60 and 72's to it.

Flex,
Thanx for the offer. I've got a copy of your video. (Maybe 3-4 years old.) I'm at my winter home in AZ for the season, no more timkering with equipment 'til next season.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Kent Lawns
lol.. actually it was replaced by the 27hp LC Kaw. They upgraded the 22 to 23hp and now will be offering just the 27 so they can mount both 60 and 72's to it.

And the 25hp and the 26hpEFI and the 27hp Diesel.

They are only not selling the 22hp-23hp Kaw and Kohler any more.

Also you have the option for a 52" deck also.

SLS
12-01-2001, 01:31 AM
Well, I guess that when the little tyke wears out it'll be a good excuse to bolt on one of those bigger mammas...with all them fancy filters! :D

Eng Mwr Guy
12-01-2001, 03:06 PM
**Corrections:
Nelson air filter on Kohler V-twins only. **

Due to Kohler offering a special to OEM's it comes free on Kohler engines.

Barry