PDA

View Full Version : Question About Starting Out

edgeman2003
04-06-2008, 11:26 PM
When you guy first started out, were you legit? Cause I will be doing it part time, small yards to start. It seem the young teens are mowing the yards, I know there not paying taxes. I will be just using a push mower to start. it seems like a lot that I have to pay out just to use a push mower. taxes,insurance, advertisement and equipment. Next year, I want to be full commercial taxes and all the good stuff that I hate. what do you guys think?

Big C
04-07-2008, 12:17 AM
If you plan on going legit next year anyway.....what stopping you from just starting out right using your push mower.....

edgeman2003
04-07-2008, 12:21 AM
If you plan on going legit next year anyway.....what stopping you from just starting out right using your push mower.....

I guess your right, thats the same thing my wife was telling me.:)

lawnpro724
04-07-2008, 12:22 AM
If your working another job and already paying taxes and just want to make some extra money I wouldn't worry about being legit. Keep in mind though if your mower throws a rock and it hits someone or breaks a window or worse you could be in a lot of trouble. When you decide to quit your other job and get into this full time then you will need to register,pay tax, insurance and so on.

verant
04-07-2008, 12:29 AM
No need to be legit doing small residentials part time. however, u r responsible for any damages that could happen. just be extra careful