PDA

View Full Version : No leaves this week! Rain please go away.

65hoss
11-29-2001, 06:08 PM
The leaves have finally been hitting the ground. Problem is, we've had 10.33" of rain in the last 72 hours. Over 6" in the last 24 hours. At least by next week I should have several leaf jobs and it shouldn't be dusty for a while. But for now, I'm sick of rain.

SLS
11-29-2001, 06:19 PM
I hear ya, pal!

Same here in Nashville...total saturation...water just standing on top of the ground! :(

At least I have not seen any SUVs floating sideways down the street like they are in your neck of the woods.

I saw that on the news this morning...several vehicles just floating along...somewhere in Memphis. :eek:

Like you said, it ought to keep the dust down. ;)

Scotlawncare
11-29-2001, 06:40 PM
Dust, nah won't be any dust but will be plenty of MUD. Leaves will prob be stuck to ground along with dead grass that has washed. Sounds like we may have to use some rakes to get that stuff to move.

Eric I know that redmax is bad but i don't think it'll like some of the leaf jobs now.

lee b
11-29-2001, 06:48 PM
Please send some rain our way, we've had 1/2 inch since early September. We're bone dry and suffering.

65hoss
11-29-2001, 08:07 PM
Redmax will handle them just fine. :cool:

Lee, from the looks of the radar it may be coming your way. If not, wait long enough and it might runoff the ground here and make it to Ga.:D

dj'slawnservice
11-29-2001, 08:11 PM
Only good thing about all this rain is the dust will be gone for awhile.......you people in Memphis area are hurting from what I'm hearing on the news.....FLOODING.......roads closed.......
not that bad here, thank goodness

65hoss
11-29-2001, 08:17 PM
On the news tonight there was a garbage can floating down the street and it was passed by a floating car.

crazygator
11-29-2001, 08:59 PM
Hoss,
Like SLS said, we are floating over here in Nashville too. I have several lawns with leaves to take care of, but gotta wait till it dries out a little. Too much mud now. If only we could take the rain and use it for the dryer months, wouldnt that be nice. Just spread it all out over the year. Oh well enough chit chat, gotta start back on the ark now!

Mark
11-29-2001, 09:21 PM
Same here in Evansville still coming down hard, Prob-won't get on any yds till the sun is out at least a few days, but will still be mulching and shrub trimming. Marks Mowing Service

odin
11-29-2001, 10:09 PM
Here in chi town its been one of the best falls we had in years .

most years the grass has gone dormant by now.
we got our heavy rains in oct in the southeast suburbs
IT brought the leaves down two weeks early,but keep the grass growing two weeks longer, so everything evened itself out.

ronslawncare
11-29-2001, 10:39 PM
raining here to in ny it bites the big one

PetalsandPines
11-29-2001, 11:00 PM
Well guys... I feel for you...from the frozen tundra North( Buffalo New York)....where it will be a balmy 60 degrees tomorrow. We have had 3 Years of Hellish Weather...Going from Rainiest Summer Ever,,,To Snowiest Winter Ever...to Driest Summer Ever..Now We are ready to break another record with the first time in over 140 years that it has not snowed in November...Lawns are dormant....No snow to plow...Nurseries have put their stock away.Ground is too saturated to work with...Guess it's time to crack open a cold one and enjoy my Anxiety ridden temporary vaction!:cool:

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 12:50 AM
Yall want rain. Then when it rains ya say thanks. Then when it rains for 3 or 4 damn days strait then you don't want any rain.

So tell the damn rain to leave.

BTW I have cabin fever now since I haven't realy worked since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The guys worked 1 day this week. and I curb side picked up leaves for 3 hours and I can't realy count that as working.

OK Quit Raining Now

Well I scheduled work for Monday to Sat for next week.

65hoss
11-30-2001, 01:59 AM
Yeah! Its finally gone. Good thing, I thought I was about to name my back yard the "65Hossissippi River".

awm
11-30-2001, 07:56 AM
65 dont know if this will work for u . but if the ground will stand the z,mulchers and gators on top will get even saturated leaves for me.then all u need is to getum out of the beds which is no easy task.hope it works for u ,it really has saved me a loto
blowin time . my arthuritus is not fond of the blower.
later now