PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Colorado

MFS
04-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Is there anyone out there that is in Colorado want to share thoughts about this weather or anything else.

Barefoot_JD
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm trying to start up in Longmont. I hope the weather stays nice for a bit. Talking about snow again tonight. I need some customers to get some $$ to buy some equipment. How long have you been doing this? Have any equipment? I'm real interested in the organic, feed the soil kinda thing. Looking to get some clean up/renovations with continued maintenance. Been playing with compost and my own yard for years. Lots of competition around town for a new guy.

MFS
04-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Man I can relate this is going to be a bad year I think but I may be wrong who knows. Time will tell what kind of equipment do you have? Do you have a web site yet here is mine I can help you do one if you need help www.lawnsbydesign.org. Keep in touch

lawnbutch
04-16-2008, 12:24 AM
MFS you are in my hometown man. 65 grad from Poudre High. Barefoot I have a 32" Snapper Pro With a 9 HP kawi engine that is for sale, good rubber and runs great. I'am starting my 4th year in the bus sense getting laid off, and we are not taking on any more new accounts. Reply

Barefoot_JD
04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
I am glad I found this website. I was laid off in January. I been doing some yards on the side the last 3 years and decided this was the opportunity for me to jump into this business for real. I set up LLC, set up business bank acct, filing with city and looking into insurance. Trying to make it all legit. I have lots of hand tools, a junk home mower and a '90 Dakota with more than 200K mi. Last year I bought a Stihl FS90R trimmer. I was talking with a local dealer a couple days ago about a Honda 21" commercial for $1250. Gotta make some money to invest in some quality equipment.
MFS - I intend to get set up with a website, but equipment is on the top of my needs list. Those are some great pics on your site. I need the equip and experience (clients) to make yards look like that.
Lawnbutch - I would love to see what your Snapper does. I've never worked a 32". I know I need a quality 21" for the residential I'm starting with.

lawnbutch
04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Barefoot_JD Give me a call at 719-250-1389 and I can tell you more about the mower.

Diablo
05-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey you guys! Check out the Colorado Springs Thread and jump in! See ya there, Mike.:usflag:

cozymonkey
03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Denver Metro Area here. Looking to network. No this is not a singles ad. Just playing around anyone else having trouble competing with these knuckle heads on craigslist???

HazellLawnCare
08-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Hey guys I am moving to the Denver area with a promotion from my job. I used to run a big lawncare and landscaping company in the Kansas City area. My question is what kind of grass do you have out there? I have about 200lbs of turf fescue with some rye and if it will work I will bring it out ot overseed my yard with.

VTLC2006
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Any of you guys still in business? Hey newbie here in Boulder. Starting up this Spring 2012 in Boulder and looking for some contacts. ( mower shops ect. ) Any info would be great.

ostrichsak
04-06-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm up in the Fort Collins/Loveland area. If I hear of anyone looking for lawn mowing I can send them your way. Do you aerate too or just mow? I'm trying to find someone in the Denver area I can refer to as I've got a few people asking me if I want to drive down there to aerate which I really don't want to. I started a thread here (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=375558) to discuss.

VTLC2006
04-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks. Yes , we do it all. We are a full service company. Ill private message you our info. Send me over your info as well and i'll return the favor.

ostrichsak
04-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Replied with my info as well. Currently doing Aerating & weekly mowing in the Fort Collins, Loveland & Greeley if anyone needs someone in these parts to refer to. Still looking for someone in the Denver area currently doing aerating and if someone is doing mowing and other things I can probably send some business their way too.

FootHills Landscape
08-24-2012, 10:33 PM
im up here in fortcollins/ loveland. How much snow were folks around the state getting last year? we didnt have much but maybe 6 or 7 inches total.