PDA

View Full Version : I want a Cummins...

Lawnworks
11-29-2001, 07:55 PM
I want a Cummins diesel. I know of one in Texas that is a '95 reg cab 2wd w/130,000 for $7495. That is about the best deal I can find. Do any of yall know of a diesel dodge that is in that price range? Also I checked out the Turbo Diesel Registar web site. That is a nice site! If any of yall are members over there can you get me thepipe1 e-mail address? He has a '95 dodge for sale, and I cannot get his e-mail b/c I am not a member over there.....yet.

Thanks

AltaLawnCare
11-29-2001, 10:12 PM
You won't be dissapointed in the Dodge, You may want to wait and try to find a newer 24V (the 95 is the 12V engine).

BTW, I just tried to log on to the TDR, but it's down. I was going to email "thepipe1" a link to this thread. :(

John DiMartino
11-29-2001, 11:51 PM
if that truck is clean it is worth the money.The engine is nicel broken in at 130K,at least 200K left in it.Dodge trucks dont hold their value good,unless they have a Cummins diesel,then they get top book if they are clean.You will be able to reselll that truck in a heartbeat if you want,with that engine.

MATTHEW
12-01-2001, 10:25 PM
I really like the look of those Dodge's! So tall. So mean. I ended up with a Chevy HD 'cause I got a great deal. The thing was that all my friends that had Dodge's in the past had to put new tranny's in every 30,000 to 40,000 miles. What about those older
Dodge's with the Cummins? Can they hold up to what we put them through?

Randy J
12-02-2001, 11:40 AM
I have a 98.5 24 valve 4X4 automatic, and it'll handle about anything you want to throw at it. The early '98 and earlier 12 valves are all mechanical and cheap to upgrade. The later '98 and later are computer controlled and although not cheaper, are probably eaiser and more efficient to upgrade (unless you're talking monster horsepower). The autos are trouble prone, but if maintained properly, will last a long time. I have a friend that pulls more weight with his than most Class 5/6 trucks, and his auto lasted to 200,000 miles. The 5 speeds do a better job when pulling heavy loads though. There are ton's (literally) of Cummins/Dodges for sale in Texas. If you find one you're interested in, somewhere in central Texas, let me know Lawnworks. I can go look at it for you, or find someone that can (I'm a member of TDR). If you find one you want, we could even get it to you. Buy one, you won't regret it! Email me if you'd like more information, or have one you'd like me to look at for you.

Randy
rdj@gvtc.com