PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if/when this happens...

pinto n mwr
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Two scenarios, both in the spring time and both involve fert w/dimension and fert w/o dimension...

1.You are going to take on a property starting in May but the other company is required to do Rd 1 on the property. Do you just start fertilization on your regular Rd 2 application or do a Rd 1 with the pre-emergent just to be safe.

2.You are going to lose a property and your last day is Apr 30th but you are required to do Rd 1. Do you be honest and use the more expensive pre-emergent fertilizer or just use the cheapest you got and let the next guy deal with it.

I know these two scenarios pretty much answer themselves but thought I would throw it out there and see what everone else has to say about it.

mngrassguy
04-07-2008, 05:03 PM
1. Start with rd 1 like I would with ANY new cusyomer

2. Do the right thing rd 1 as normal. Never "burn the bridge". You never know if/when you might get them back

Hissing Cobra
04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I agree 100%! With the first scenario, you're protecting yourself by adding a preemergent control. That one's a "no-brainer".

With scenario number 2, you should do what the customer is paying you for. As a business owner, your integrity should stand tall over anything else. It's not worth jeopardizing your company's reputation by cheating a customer.

SpudsM15
04-13-2008, 06:02 PM
We do always do the first 2 rounds of pre-emergent and fertilizer
Used to do pre-m + fert then dimension + fert,
This year dimension both shots just different fertilizer contents.