PDA

View Full Version : Door hanger question??'s

MOWEMJEFF
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
How much do you guys pay for door hangers? I have about 2 weeks before the snows totally gone season really kicks into gear and then people start thinking about their lawn. I went on Friday to a local place to see about an order for 1000 door hangers and it was going to be $300 and i wouldnt have them till next week. I found a place online that will do a 1 color hanger with 2 color fonts for $180 for 3000 hangers. Not only that they can have them here friday for another $20. Does this seem like a good price? And does 3000 seem like a lot? I figure at 2% return thatd be 60 customers if i handed them all out(unlikely). And should I offer some kind of discount or just my information and services? Any help would be great.

IN2MOWN
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I got 1000 4 color glossy with a detachable business card at the bottom for $300.00 and some tax.

I ordered them from a local label and sign printer that my buddies Dad works for.

MOWEMJEFF
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
So I've done some more research before I order them, and it says first I need a permit issued by the chief of police. Second that you can't "affix" them to and house without first receiving the owners permission. Would door hangers be considered affixing(to fasten, join, or attach)?

IN2MOWN
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I dont know about the permit but hanging one is not the same as affixing it. Affixing it , IMO, would be taping it to the door.

mngrassguy
04-08-2008, 08:12 AM
http://www.rndsigns.com/

MOWEMJEFF
04-09-2008, 01:07 AM
So went to city hall today....door hangers are illegal. For $65 I can get a vendors license and $20 more for a background check then I'd be allowed to go door to door and i would then only be allowed to put the hanger in the homeowners hand. I'm gonna order 50 yard signs off the internet double sided 1 color for $160. I got a few high traffic locations to put them and I'll have 40 extra to replace any that get messed with by teens. And everytime im at a job i'll put one up while I'm working. Anyone else done this?

krisuk80
04-09-2008, 01:23 AM
So went to city hall today....door hangers are illegal. For $65 I can get a vendors license and $20 more for a background check then I'd be allowed to go door to door and i would then only be allowed to put the hanger in the homeowners hand. I'm gonna order 50 yard signs off the internet double sided 1 color for $160. I got a few high traffic locations to put them and I'll have 40 extra to replace any that get messed with by teens. And everytime im at a job i'll put one up while I'm working. Anyone else done this?

What site are you ordering your signs from? I always have signs up when I'm working, including my truck signage. Always give your customers buisness cards & flyers to hand out, do a good job and the work will come rolling in. Have you thought about looking at a local paper for advertizing? I used to be a "door to door" salesman, and i now Despise people knocking my door, You can get enough work without going this route IMO

Paulup
04-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Careful, if you place those on city/county property you're right back in the same cuba to south florida boat you were in before.

MOWEMJEFF
04-09-2008, 01:32 AM
I havent decided on a site yet I'm still trying to find the best deal. Any suggestions? I'm looking into tshirts too, I finally got a professional logo made up so I'm gonna order a couple dozen tshirts and give them to anyone who has invested their time or money into my business and keep a dozen on hand to give to anyone who might work for me. I'm also gonna get some more hats made up since my dog just ate my last one. I've finally got the equipment setup I've wanted the past 2 years, now I'm gonna sink a $1000 into advertising. The place that designed my logo is designing a few small ads for some of the smaller circulation papers too.

As for city property I won't need to do that, I have several clients I know on a personal level that live on some of the busiest roads in my city along with my own house where 1000s of cars drive by everyday.

columbiaplower
04-09-2008, 01:37 AM
I had 5000 full color hangers made up locally for about $425 bucks. As far as yard signs supercheapsigns.com had the best deals i could find just got mine today and they look great.

dce7777
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I hired H & H distributing to put out door hangers for my company. They did a great job the first round, then on the second round, i received a call from a lady stating she saw them dump a bunch of them in the creek. I met with her, got all her information, then completely drove the areas they were supposed to put the door hangers. Out of 5000 they were supposed to put out, they might have hung 500 max. I called and spoke with the owner and all he did was make excuses and accuse me of being difficult then he hung up on me and will not answer my calls nor will he return any of our calls.

southerngreenscape
03-11-2010, 12:06 AM
I went online to 3000doorhangers.com got 3000 one sided two colors for 179.00 shipped to me They are suppose to be here tomorrow. I will let you know how they turned out.

greenhorn123
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
ive used 3000doorhangers.com before, they came out nice but i have about 2700 of them sitting in a box. I found it hard to get them out there, you have to walk door to door, you cant leave them in or on mailboxes and if they have a fancy storm door that doesnt close properly and blows open and breaks after you leave, your name is right there. I had 10 people call and signed up 6 of them from the 200 or so i put out.
I created a mailing list targeting the key neighborhoods around here and used vista print postcards. I think the callback percentage is less and postage gets costly but its alot easier and you can get alot out faster.

southerngreenscape
03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Around here ypu can put them on mailboxes as long as it is not in the way of the door opening, and i take a rubber band and loop it threw the hole on the door hanger and put it over the flag it works good.