PDA

View Full Version : Rotadairon anyone use one review?

Airwave
04-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I am based in Ireland and am looking at upgrading our lawn installation equipment. Last year we purchased a Landpride stone rake and it is great does exactly what it says on the tin. Only problem is we seem to take of tonnes and tonnes of stone of sites and that is becoming a bigger issue. I was looking into stone burriers and everyone tells me that the Rotadairon is the best one but from searches on the web I cant find any decent info on them or even reviews.

So I was wondering if people have one or used one. What there experience of them is what does the soil have to be like bone dry etc... Do they till the site before before with a grubber or something else.

I would like as much info as possible as they are bloody expensive and I would like to make an informed decision. Am also looking at buying one from the US if possible due to exchange rate being so favourable and my brother runs a shipping company in Chicago so should be cheap to get it send across.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Darren

BrandonV
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
i own one for my sk650s does a great job. soil doesn't have to be too dry but if its real wet (at least clay) it'll clog up especially in the roller. i run our set of rippers through it first and if it's real bad we'll run our bed tiller through a second time, it REALLY does a great job and gets a good root zone started for the turf.
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95939&stc=1&d=1198970876

Airwave
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, information and nice photo too. Looks like your the only one that uses the Rotadairon judging from the lack of replies lol. Have requested a demo from the only dealer here in Ireland said he may be able to do one in a couple of months. Which is frustrating as most of season will be up by then. Have my brother looking for one over there in US but not that many for sale by the sounds of it. Anyway if anyone else can help out please let me know.

BrandonV
04-08-2008, 04:29 PM
its an luxury item I'll tell you. If you're in sandier soils you could probably get by w/ something more like a harley rake, etc but for heavier soils I insist you need to break it up to allow for a good deep root system.

Airwave
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
We have no such thing as sandy soil here. Most of our soil is very clay like, even sub soil some of the time and always riddled with stones. So we would certainly have no choice but to break up the soil.

YardPro
04-09-2008, 07:08 AM
i have one for our dingo and love it.

Keystone
04-09-2008, 07:32 AM
They are great for the clay and breaking up hard ground here in the U.S. It will bury most rocks if they are around the size of a brick but larger than that they will stick up through the tilled soil. The tool is pricey and a set of tines for it are not cheap either.