PDA

View Full Version : Check Out My Lawn Photos!

groundsguy1970
11-29-2001, 07:18 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1472735&a=14052333&p=56911274

;)

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 07:24 PM
Ya right, wish mine looked like that :D

andyslawns
11-29-2001, 07:25 PM
LOL,.................. thats wrong dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:blob4:

groundsguy1970
11-29-2001, 07:26 PM
:rolleyes: If you need some tips on blade sharpening do a search with the search feature!;)

Green Care
11-29-2001, 07:31 PM
Look like I've seen this before
Can someone tell me???????????????????????????????????

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 07:37 PM
I see your not even going to tell that's my picture up there. Nice Guy.

Well here is the other half of that lawn.

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010829-009.jpg

65hoss
11-29-2001, 07:38 PM
Hey that looks just like one of my lawns. If you want your lawn to look like that you need to hire me.:p

:blob3: :angel: :blob4:

captdevo
11-29-2001, 07:43 PM
Eric,

you should market your pics!!!

You do great work and everybody knows it!!

Keep it up!!

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 07:50 PM
Thanks Captdevo ;)

Here is another view of that lawn.

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010829-018.jpg

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 07:52 PM
Here is the back of that lawn, can you see where the corner of the 4 lawns is at?

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010829-007.jpg

crazygator
11-29-2001, 07:52 PM
Hey Eric, please stop using my photo's........hehehe

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 07:58 PM
From across the street where we mow too.

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010829-001.jpg

Eric ELM
11-29-2001, 07:59 PM
From across the lake, I've got more, but I think you will agree I do this lawn. :)

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010829-016.jpg

SLS
11-29-2001, 11:15 PM
I was wondering who that was following me around taking pictures of my lawns....hehehehe ;)

gene gls
11-29-2001, 11:26 PM
Eric:

Next time you mow the lawn thats oppisit of the rear view shot, you need to line up the strips better with the rear view lawn. Am I talking in circles? I'm getting dizzy reading the post.

Gene

casey
11-29-2001, 11:31 PM
Wow.
We couldn't get away with that kind of light, dark contrast around here. Customers complain if the turf doesn't look a relatively uniform color.

David Gretzmier
11-29-2001, 11:51 PM
cool pics. wish bermuda would stripe like that. Dave g

strickdad
11-30-2001, 02:47 AM
eric get the gun and i will watch out for the cops!!! lol

awm
11-30-2001, 07:41 AM
eric it looks like you can work all day or more an never move your truck. that would be ideal . later now:)

KerryB
11-30-2001, 07:53 AM
When I first saw that pic, I thought now that lawn looks familiar. But I know it belonged to someone else.
Then it hit me. A p word came to mind. Now what was that word? Oh yea plagerism. lol

groundsguy1970
11-30-2001, 09:29 AM
What version of Photoshop do you use and how much RAM? The lake stripes are done nice. Do you use a MAC?:)

TLS
11-30-2001, 09:37 AM
Eric,

Boy oh Boy, I wish I had some lawns with 1/2 as nice grass as your lawns. Do you have any "SCRUBby" type lawns??? You know, weed infested, bumpy, 3 different types of grass, 3 different types of CRABgrass, etc.....? You know like everybody else here probably has? :(

I have about 4 lawns with grass that is real lush and perfect. All 4 are those that I sub out to a friend for weed/feed. But they are only about 1/2 to 3/4 acre lawns. I would think I'd died and gone to heaven if I were to have properties anywhere near as nice as yours. Yeah, I have big ones 5-6 acres, but they are like a plowed field. If you ever want to move east and switch companies, give me a call. :D

gogetter
11-30-2001, 09:55 AM
eh, stripes are alright I guess. But I prefer to go in circles and give it that pin wheel effect!! :D

Eric ELM
11-30-2001, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by groundsguy1970
What version of Photoshop do you use and how much RAM? The lake stripes are done nice. Do you use a MAC?:)

Everyone of the pictures above are the same lawn from different angles. These are all digital pictures taken with a HP 1 megapixel camera at a medium resolution and reduced to use on the interenet with the HP software that came with the camera. I have all HP computer stuff except for a Sony Trinitron monitor.

Tommy:

That lawn there has not seen any chemicals on it for the past 6 seasons and we had just come out of the worst dry spell since I went into the lawn business. The only thing that saves this lawn is it is watered with Lake water which must have lots of fish and goose poop in it. ;)

Not all of the lawns around this area look as good as the ones I do, I will include an example of a lawn my competitors do below that is just across the lake from this one. You can also see in the below picture what happens when the clippings are not chopped up, they build up and make a lawn look horrible and brown.

http://www.elmlawnsite.com/images/010905-024.jpg

groundsguy1970
11-30-2001, 12:07 PM
ERIC-
curious as to the fact I have a 2.1 mp cannon and NEVER get stripes that look like that! The stripes are on my turfs BUT they just never seem to come out so "white" like your photos. I am also aware of reflection and refraction angles but man, can we see one that the stripes don't show as well? Do you use a tripod?
Does your camera have lenses and filters? I ask this because I am going to do a web site this winter and want it to be visual, one can ALWAYS learn more about photography! Thanks for any advice! :)

TLS
11-30-2001, 12:24 PM
Sun MUST be behind you to best view the stripes. Eric just has real defined stripes. Believe me it isn't the camera! However, I've seen some pretty crappy cameras take excellent pics, and I've seen some pretty excellent cameras take crappy pics.

Nick
11-30-2001, 02:51 PM
It is not the camera at all, it is the mower. I have a scag walk behind that cuts like crap on the same lawns that my dixie chopper leaves bold stripes and superb cut due to blade tip speed , doubles, and sharp blades. In other words Erics pictures are not altered and what you see is what your eyes would see in real life.

Runner
11-30-2001, 04:03 PM
I believe another asset to this is the layout and design of a Chopper. Notice, for instance, the width and position of the tire tracks, in correlation to the edge of the deck. The Chopper has a wide stance that runs right out to the edges. This also helps with the contrast of each row to the other, because we see the absolute lightest part of the row right up against the absolute darkest part of the next row. That is sweet. Also, I'm not sure, but I'd like to see a Chopper up close, because I always wondered about the front to back positioning of the deck on the Chopper. If I am right, (not too often), I think the deck on a Chopper is positioned further back on the entire unit than say, a Lazer. This would permit the operator to back futher up against beds and borders, and the stripe would be close to the edge. If not, I would LOVE to see exactly how this is done, that the stripes run right to the bed edges. (Help me out here! :) ) I mean, I know how to do all the consistent stripes to appear as if they ran right through obstacles, (trimming toward the side you're cutting toward, directionally) It's just that that bed and border closeness that gets me. With my Lazer, they're never closer than almost a whole machine width.

thelawnguy
11-30-2001, 04:22 PM
I know of perfect stripes on a lawn and all that mows it is 15-year old Buntons guided along by minimum wage flunkies. No "kits" or any of that who hash. Just going over the same tire tracks every time. Hopefully Ill get a picture up next week, still vivid even after a months dormancy.

casey
11-30-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by groundsguy1970

The definition on that lake shot is impressive. Likely the light reflection brings out the pronounced shades so well. For some reason our turf maintains a uniform color one day after cutting:(
I guess we're lucky not having to worry about perfect straight lines around trees & such. Speeds things up.

thelawnguy
11-30-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by casey
I guess we're lucky not having to worry about perfect straight lines around trees & such. Speeds things up.

Doesnt really take any longer to make tracks appear as if the machine went thru the tree, bed, etc. Just need to know what you're doing.

I bet your customer was real impressed with the stripe that appeared to go down the stairs and through the fence...

LMAO..at u! ;)

Runner
11-30-2001, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by thelawnguy

I bet your customer was real impressed with the stripe that appeared to go down the stairs and through the fence...
LMAO..at u! ;)
Oh my GOSH! I gotta catch my breath!!!

:laugh:

casey
11-30-2001, 04:56 PM
On our small, tightly landscaped lawns it would be time consuming to try & line up stripes:( Alot of trees, beds, islands, & yard obsticles such as trampolines, pools etc.. Fortunately our turf seems somewhat resiliant to this practice. We actually trim the rubber on our WB's & 21's to reduce cutting definition so we can concentrate more on speed.
Looks great on large open areas though.:)
Guess I should have used a 21" down the steps:(

groundsguy1970
11-30-2001, 05:24 PM
Caesy will get thread of the year for that one!

Scag48
11-30-2001, 11:51 PM
Groundsguy-When I first saw that pic that you posted at the top of this thread, I was thinkin' "no way that guy has his whole route of lawns like that in Tacoma, there's just not that many!" I guess there are some good ones, but I see alot that are crappy, but I know you take care of your route! Everytime I'm over there all the lawns have dandelions in them and are all nasty with crabgrass. How good are the lawns that you have over there? I've seen some bad ones here, and they're out there, but it seems like Seattle and all the western Washington lawns aren't as good. Check out the lawn at the Capitol in Olympia, I was there last May on a school trip. Took a pic of it too. Nice grass! Post your pics of your lawns, I wanna see what ya got. :cool: