PDA

View Full Version : hub/bearings

mybowtie
04-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Where do you guys buy your mower parts. I need hubs and bearings for a Ferris ZTR. Last time I changed a hub was on a husky a few yrs back. Couldnt get the pully off with out damaging it no matter what I tried. Had to cut it off. Any tips/tricks. Had a gear puller, but pully was bending. :cry:

jkason
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Shame on you for not supporting your local dealer.
Get parts whereever you want, it's not the same as having a dealer who can help you put them on.

That said, If you are changing the whole hub, why not just spend the extra dollars and get a pulley, too?
Then you can get the old pulley off at your leisure, without having to worry if you need to go out and buy more parts. You also could use a backup part on the shelf/truck.

Support the hub of the pulley in a vise/press - put the old nut back on - pound the hell out of the shaft to drive it through the pulley. (Kinda kills the shaft, though.)
Don't pull on a pulley with a jaw-type puller - it ruins them (as you found out).

EDIT - Oh yeah...Use anti-sieze on the shaft when putting on the new pulley.

khouse
04-08-2008, 05:27 PM
You might find them here? www.j-thomas.com

mybowtie
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Shame on you for not supporting your local dealer.
Get parts whereever you want, it's not the same as having a dealer who can help you put them on.

I did support my dealer...purchased the mower there...But im wrong when I try to save some money?? Im sure you purshase ALL of your Oil/filters/parts for your cars,trucks, and other equipment from the dealer you got them from.
Did you ever go to a auto parts store?? Shame on you if you did...

Thanks for the tips though. :drinkup: