PDA

View Full Version : New to Hydroseeding

cormierlawn
11-29-2001, 08:42 PM
I have been reserching Hydroseeding machines, the cheapest I've found was made by Turbo Turf. Does anyone know if there is a cheeper yet better Hydroseeder?

Curt

KirbysLawn
11-29-2001, 08:54 PM
Cheaper & better? That does'nt happen often. Seems money may be the issue, have you checked with local rental centers? Here the local Sunbelt Rentals rent them daily & weekly. This could allow you to get started, get some funds together, & buy the quality unit you would like.

RAy

landscaper3
11-29-2001, 10:24 PM
Contact all your local and not so local rental companies for a used Finn unit!!!! Most of the other brands you got to wait to mix a Finn mixes while you fill and alot more of a machine!

Shawn Burns
11-29-2001, 10:45 PM
Curt,
I have just been down that road. I, like you thought that maybe i could get in cheap and build from there, but after doing much research and talking to ALOT of people in the biz i realized that with HydroSeeding( and most other things) cheap aint the way to go.If you would like some more info. e-mail me, i would be happy to share what info i have with you.
Shawn

Alan
11-30-2001, 12:38 AM
You won't get hurt with a Turbo-turf machine. While the mechanical agtated units may be a bit faster or handle erosion control mulches better the TT is a very good design that lets you get into the business with a lot less outlay up front.

David Gretzmier
11-30-2001, 12:49 AM
having used the turbo and a mechanical unit, I cannot recommend jet over any mechanical system. you sound like you have made up your mind, and you will learn the hard way. it takes 20-40 minutes to get a good slurry out of jet, and you must use the more expensive pre flaked fiber to avoid clogs. in the newer mechanicals, you throw in the bale, seed, fert, erosion fiber and vitamin acid, and mix for 2-5 minutes. since most jobs require multiple loads, the other machine gets you done 2x+ faster. they also cost 2-3x as much. Dave g

awm
11-30-2001, 09:03 AM
this aint something u will ever find at a lowes discount.
id go w the best i could find,or better yet rent ,until u get some ideas as to what u really need.later now

paul
11-30-2001, 05:01 PM
Try a search on hydro-seeders in the Landscape forum

cormierlawn
12-08-2001, 11:00 AM
Thanks Guys

Curt