PDA

View Full Version : Aeration: How much to charge for this property?(aerial view)

G.M.Landscaping
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Two properties. The red one is about 100' X 80'
The green one is a 1/3 of that. Slight grade on both.

I'm using a Ryan Lawnaire IV 20" wide walkbehind that I bought last fall. So keep that in mind while pricing this. You can give me a price if your using a pull behind also.

Rcgm
04-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Just aeration I charge 15.00 per thousand square feet here in Indiana.

RCGM
Brad

ilc79
04-07-2008, 10:28 PM
here in georgia we charge $9 per thousand sq. ft. or multiply our treament price by 3 the first 3000 sq. ft. is $38 and anything over that is 3 per thousand for treatment so 4000 sq.ft. would be$41 and $123 for aeration and we put lime out on everything but centipede in that price and only double centipede yards.

get rich
04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Do you have to pay to be a member or something to be able to google aerial view properties? I can zoom in on mapquest but not that good. Thanks...sorry for off topic. In illinois(northern) we get only about 7 or 8 dollars per 1000 sq ft.

G.M.Landscaping
04-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Do you have to pay to be a member or something to be able to google aerial view properties? I can zoom in on mapquest but not that good. Thanks...sorry for off topic. In illinois(northern) we get only about 7 or 8 dollars per 1000 sq ft.

No I didn't pay for Google Earth, it's free. Some places look better than others.

I quoted $180 for the red and $60 for the green before I posted this thread. The guy was paying for both properties and agreed to the price right away. So my first thought was I was too cheap. We talked about overseeding and fert,and I gave him a price. I then found out he has a fert program from someone I never heard of. I asked if they do aeration's. He said I never asked them...Hmmmm

Anyways, I'm doing both properties for $240.

I just think this is still too cheap, but at your $9-15 per 1000 I'm way ahead.

BTW , What equipment are you guys running for those prices?

Lawn_Enforcement
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
In Ky the rate is between 7-12 dollars per 1K square feet.....
Off topic in Google Earth you can also measure in feet, yards, miles all kinds of stuff go into TOOLS, then RULER. With gas reaching almost 3.35 a gallon all of my bids estimates are from Google Earth, I have found that there is a small difference GE is usually about 2-4 feet more per measurement.... Also I have heard LCO's doing by the hour to secure the job if needed dont really know your financial situation... but typically it will come out the same or relatively close......

G.M.Landscaping
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
In Ky the rate is between 7-12 dollars per 1K square feet.....
Off topic in Google Earth you can also measure in feet, yards, miles all kinds of stuff go into TOOLS, then RULER. With gas reaching almost 3.35 a gallon all of my bids estimates are from Google Earth, I have found that there is a small difference GE is usually about 2-4 feet more per measurement.... Also I have heard LCO's doing by the hour to secure the job if needed dont really know your financial situation... but typically it will come out the same or relatively close......

Good info. I asked this Q to try to see what is the best way on pricing and everybody is giving a per 1000 quote. That's what I needed to know.

I think I got lucky on that job for the price. It took one hour to do both prop for $240. I just used the tools thing and it looked like the grass was around 11,000 for the red side. I'm thinking I ended up making about $17/1000 sq ft doing both.

Thinking about charging between 10-15/per 1000 in the future.

Prolawnservice
04-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm sure you guys will give me a bunch of crap for this, but we get $30 to $40 per k:waving:

Big Bad Bob
04-12-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm sure you guys will give me a bunch of crap for this, but we get $30 to $40 per k:waving:

Good for you. Aeration can be brutal work.

greenbaylawns
04-12-2008, 01:51 AM

Oh you dirty rotten sum ...how the he!! can you get that much for that??? Just kidding good for you. Those prices are a daydream around here