PDA

View Full Version : kawaski and kohler that will not start

cowboytim
04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Have a kawaski on a wright stander that will crank and crank but will only fire with gas in carb sometimes.
Kohler on a stander thatwill not do nothing. Seems like the battery is dead put new battery on nothing checked all wiring

smokediver
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Sounds like fuel issues for the kaw. I'd check filters, and the bottom of the tank. If it was put up with fuel in it the needle might be stuck. you could try tapping lightly on the float bowl of the carb with a screwdriver handle or something like. Might jar it loose enough to flow... really need more info to diagnose properely. Check the plugs, make sure they're firing every time

The kohler, I'd check all the safety switches, and maybe tap a jumper cable, or a battery charger with a start setting to the starter and see if it will turn. If the battery's good and the engine is not locked, it's an electrical connection somewhere.

cowboytim
04-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the information

Tharrell
04-11-2008, 12:52 PM
After what I went through, I'm willing to bet your brushes are worn on your starters. Take the starters off and jump them with a good battery. A good starter should spin like crazy. If it won't, take it to a rebuilder. Mine on a 19 Kawasaki only cost $24 and spins like a woman with a $5000 Visa card! Tony