PDA

View Full Version : Best single product for broad leafs in cold conditions?

sedge
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I know one can add chems to get Trimec to kill better in the cold, but what is the best single product to use?

We just started using quick silver at .0128 per m2. Hope this works better as we were getting only partial kills on henbit and clover.

Does Lesco's Momentum work any better then Trimec?

thanx

PSUTURFGEEK
04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Three-way Ester 2 without a doubt.

pinto n mwr
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
best single non spiked product ever....

Old formulation of Lesco's momentum with clopyralid
too bad you cannot use it for anything but golf courses anymore
The new stuff just does not seem to cut it as the old stuff did
I do agree though that the ester product can do the job too.

tremor
04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Cool Power

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld45S005.pdf

LawnTamer
04-08-2008, 01:27 AM
I like Speedzone for cool weather. For dandelions it is hard to beat straight 2-4-d ester, very low cost, very fast kills.

greendoctor
04-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Cool Power is a good formulation. When the DOA banned 2,4-D here in Hawaii, the best broadleaf herbicide was Cool Power. It was one of the few herbicides other than high rate Banvel or metsulfuron that would drop oxallis and prostrate spurge. Powerzone is good for this too. Here, those two weeds are hardened off by growing all year long in high heat and humidity. Threeway amines just do not do the job. I might as well be spraying Weed-B-Gon.

The Ranger
04-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Any type of ester formulation. The ester is oil based and the oil in the product opens up the pores of the weeds so the herbicide is better asborbed. We have sprayed it with snow on the ground and it will work.

teeca
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
just remember that the weeds will only die as fast as they are growing