PDA

View Full Version : Spring Tune Up

thesodfather
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
im in my first year on my own using used equipment.. i have a 48" great dane surfer and a 64" great dane scamper.. i know i have to get them tuned up for the year but what exactly do they do when they tune up the mowers? can i just do it myself?

KGR landscapeing
04-08-2008, 06:09 AM
im in my first year on my own using used equipment.. i have a 48" great dane surfer and a 64" great dane scamper.. i know i have to get them tuned up for the year but what exactly do they do when they tune up the mowers? can i just do it myself?

if you have to ask it might not be the best idea for you to be messing around with your mowers this time of year. last thing you wanna do is put one out of service. New filters oil change check spark plug regap it or replace it. Mowers r pretty basic.

mngrassguy
04-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Throw a half can of Sea Foam in each gas tank for good measure. Don't forget to grease everything and start the season with new blades

KGR landscapeing
04-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Throw a half can of Sea Foam in each gas tank for good measure. Don't forget to grease everything and start the season with new blades

i would buy a new set of blades but dont put them on yet wait till the end of this month or alittle in to next month now your gonna be cutting up leaves and all kinds of junk no reason to trash new blades

hackitdown
04-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Read your manuals, they will tell you what to do...and when. Grease. Tire pressure. Change oil. Fresh gas. Check/replace plugs, air filters, and belts. Check for loose nuts/bolts. Charge the battery. Sharpen the blades. Read the manual.