PDA

View Full Version : How much to replave hydraulics on Bobcat?

PerfiCut L&L
04-08-2008, 07:16 AM
I have a worker whos family member has recently passed. He used to do part time excavation and he is now selling his euipment. One of which is a 2001 bobcat with about 200 hours on it. Im not sure the model.

He says the bobcat has been sitting for some time, and he thinks either thiers a busted hydraulic line, or perhaps the pump is bad.

Says the machine starts up runs good, but after about 30 seconds or so of trying to move the bucket the entire unit starts jerking like crazy. Then you lose hydraulic controls.

I am not very savy to these machines since I have no mechanical experience with them. Assuming the pump is bad, and some of the lines need replacing what might I expect to pay?

I was thinking of taking it in to the bobcat mechanic to have him diagnose the problem and give me an estimate, but I wanted to get an idea what a repair if this nature might run.

khouse
04-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I only can guess it has a hydraulic lock out system. Sounds like that's messing up? I believe you better take it to the dealer. With 200 hours on the unit I don't think it could be too bad.