PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Advice from the Experts

MonsterBash
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I realize this site is more geared to the professional and Iím just a weekend warrior but Iíll try anyway

Can I get some preferences from you guys on Landscape software? Iím only going to be using it for me and my girlfriendís house so Iím not looking to spend a ton of cash but am willing to pay for it. I downloaded about 3 trials from various sites which are in the $20~$50 which I'm fine with (of course free is also good :)).

Iím looking for something to import a main picture (house or yard) and go from there. Iím sure you guys that use this stuff all the time have a WAY better eye than I do. I kinda like the Realtime Landscaping Photo 3 so far but Iíd hate to buy it and find out there something better out there

Iíd appreciate any advice

Thanks in advanced

-Jamie

Airwave
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Maybe instead of spending your money on the software and spending a long time trying to figure it all out. Why not hire a pro just to do up a design for you maybe even ask on here am sure someone will be happy to oblige.

MonsterBash
04-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Maybe instead of spending your money on the software and spending a long time trying to figure it all out. Why not hire a pro just to do up a design for you maybe even ask on here am sure someone will be happy to oblige.

I did think about this...problem is I'm no just looking for lanscaping (at least for my place). I have this invision of a large 2 teir deck with a water fall going into my pool. I have a rather large back yard and want to add to it every year

I could also see myself changing stuff as the years go on and of course..depending on the budget that year

AlthoughI haven't completely ruled out hiring someone...I could see myself tweaking the plan as I go along

Airwave
04-08-2008, 06:48 PM
For what it is worth I use Drafix Pro Landscape which I have found to be pretty good just not enough plants and trees in photo mode especially for here in Europe. Although maybe the new release has more in it. Pretty pricey though but you do get the whole package.

AGLA
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Paint.net is about the best free photoimaging software I have seen. You can cut and paste parts of one photo to another, so steealing plants or decks or pools or whatever from one photo and pasting it on a new layer is easy.You can resize, rotate, turn layers on and off, change the order of layers, ..... and lots more. It is not landscape specific, but all that means is that you will not have cheesy cartoony plants in your mock ups. Instead you'll have to use real ones from other photos.

MonsterBash
04-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Paint.net is about the best free photoimaging software I have seen. You can cut and paste parts of one photo to another, so steealing plants or decks or pools or whatever from one photo and pasting it on a new layer is easy.You can resize, rotate, turn layers on and off, change the order of layers, ..... and lots more. It is not landscape specific, but all that means is that you will not have cheesy cartoony plants in your mock ups. Instead you'll have to use real ones from other photos.

Hey AGLA...
Thanks..looks like I'll have something to do at work today

AGLA
04-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey AGLA...
Thanks..looks like I'll have something to do at work today

Do you work for the city, the county, the state, or the feds?