PDA

View Full Version : Melting Urea And Aquacap

VARMIT COMMISSION
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Im melting my granular urea in the tank. Anyone ever had a problem adding aqua-cap after melting?
Labe says add pendulum to a partially filled tank while agitating and then fill the remainder of the tank with water or liquid fert.
Melted granular urea is liquid fert. isnt it?????
So the way I read it I can add half my urea melted, then aquacap then start agitation and add the remainder of urea melting it.

Could I just melt all my urea then add aquacap (agitating) last? Then finish filling the tank with water.

I just dont want it to gel on me.

ted putnam
04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I always add powders then liquids then fert unless label says otherwise. I don't think it really matters as far as Aquacap and Urea goes. I've never had a problem either way. I've used many chems over the years and the only reaction I've ever seen was between 2,4-D and MSMA... That is as far as Lawn chems go!;)

VARMIT COMMISSION
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I will be adding three-way later just not this time. I plan on melting then aqua-cap then three-way (24d).

teeca
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
i run urea, aquacap, trimec 992 or coolpower, iron, NBN, 0-0-62, all togegther with no problems.. i too like to add any 'dry' products first, then the liquid. (unless stated otherwise on the lable)

VARMIT COMMISSION
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
thanks for the info.