PDA

View Full Version : How do I collect my payment?

RhettMan
04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Whats up, im just starting out and i have no jobs yet, im in a new town and have zero word of mouth help. I am wondering the best way to collect payment. Should i send invoices, should i collect at the conclusion of services, or is there maybe a way im not even thinking of.

Also, given circumstances, how should i get my name "out there"?

Thanks for reading.

Ronniecoleman
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I collect payment in three ways, just be consistant and keep track of payments recieved. They are online payments with credit card, invoice at end of each month and some people insist on giving me cash each visit.

As for getting your name out there check your local paper to advertise, yellowpages.com has a free listing, as well as craigslist.org and don't forget good old fashion fliers. Fliers are best if your trying to target a certain neighborhood.

RhettMan
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
im interested in the online payment with credit card, how does that process work? (for a company as small as a one man lawn service)

rcracer
04-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I signed up to receive credit cards with a company online and they gave me quickbooks for free. It's not to bad of a deal I will post the number on here later.:usflag:

IndyChad
04-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Collect your payment with a ball bat:weightlifter:

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Send a monthly invoice , some insist paying on site. The ball bat is for none paying customers.

paul vroom
04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Leave an invoice. Take an ad out in the paper. I also used craigs list and got a couple calls. Door to door flyers....

Paulup
04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I would collect on completion of work for those you do not have a contract with, and either leave an invoice after completion of work or mail one out for those you do have a contract with. Realistically, you won't be in a position to demand season contracts having no accounts and no references, just make sure you don't get screwed. At the very least, bring some sort of general agreement for the services you are rendering and have the client sign it before you offload your equipment.

johnnybravo8802
04-12-2008, 08:53 PM
You beg!:rolleyes: