PDA

View Full Version : can i put Landscape in my name?

4 seasons lawn&land
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
So Im just starting out doing lawn care and everything that goes with that. But Im wondering if it would be dumb to add landscaping to my name (4 Seasons Lawn & Landscape). I think it sounds Better than just 4 seasons lawn care. But I dont want to imply that I can do stuff that requires large equipment when I dont have any of that. On the other hand I can plant trees, mulch, edge, tree work, etc. Isnt that landscaping?

Marcos
04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
On the other hand I can plant trees, mulch, edge, tree work, etc. Isnt that landscaping?

If you're going also market other landscaping stuff like what you mentioned...than you certainly have the right to add the title "landscaping" to your name.

But if you're NOT going to market to your potential customers very specific types of landscaping you can offer, then, with all due respect, don't further bastardize the trade name.

paul vroom
04-08-2008, 10:39 PM
You could sub contract........

Carolina Cuts
04-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Or-
you could call it.... 4 Seasons Lawn & Landscape Maintenance

YEA! I like it!

buttaluv
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I have it in mine, but I just about don't have time to do any landscaping anymore, and honestly, my work is all word of mouth, so 99% of my calls are lawncare anyway!

mngrassguy
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Shorter names are better. Think about the customer writing your name on the check!!!

pinto n mwr
04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
add snow too

johnnybravo8802
04-12-2008, 09:51 PM
People always get lawn care confused with lawn service or lawn maintenance. Lawn care is the application of chemicals to an area of turf. I learned that straight from Scotts because I'd been making the same mistake for yrs. As far as landscaping, it's overused-I'm not trying to offend anyone but I think you should have to have some real education in landscaping before you advertise it-I'm talking a degree in landscape design or landscape architecture. People think owning a skidsteer makes them a professional landscaper just like people who think owning a mower makes them a professional maintenance person. It all takes time but don't cheapen the business.