PDA

View Full Version : First account

Brando55
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
hey guys,
i just got my first account today. I was just wondering what some of you charge for spring clean ups. Also, for a commercial property do you use a year contract, if so could anyone post a sample of their contract and how do you bill the client? Weekly Monthly or just a full season rate?

Thanks

paul vroom
04-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Awesome!! Congrats Brando, way to go. It is difficult to say how much you should charge for the cleanup without seeing it. The best way to figure it is look it over, figure out how long it will take and how much you want to make an hour. A four hour cleanup at $75 an hour = $300. Ad another $$ for the dump cost.
Do a search on this site for commercial contracts. Doing a search will answer a lot of questions, some people get mad at answering the same ? a million times.
Hey, congrats and the best of luck......

paul vroom
04-08-2008, 09:31 PM
ps. YES!! Contract the commercial account (s). Always......

Hilltop Landscaping
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm a newbie in business and wondered what hourly rates you guys charge lawn customers for miscellaneous work-clean up, stone work, trimming, weeding, mulch etc. ? I saw the post with $75.00 per hour and I think I'm undercharging.
I work alone or sometimes with a helper. Thanks

lawns Etc
04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
In my area S Jersey my rate is $45 per man hr on the job and plus dumping fees @$75 you might have a hard time I do have a $200 minimum though for cleanups if that helps

Reliable Lawn Care
04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I shoot for the dollar a minute pricing as much as possible. Works well for me. I always bill my customers on the first of each month for the previous months work. I see alot of people do it differently, but again, it works for me. So for all my March work, I billed out April 1st. Now I most likely will not see a payment until April 30 as I have 30 days payment terms. But in the fall, I will still have revenue coming into me in December.
Best of luck to you, have fun !!

capnsac
04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
in my area it's 25$ per man hour plus any material cost and dump cost. When we do any mulch work we make sure to give them a copy of the mulch invoice and then still charge 25$ per man hour. We make zero money on the cost of the mulch, but we do make money on going to get the mulch. It's a different perspective then having to guestimate how long a job is going to take and hope you come in at that time. We get tons of referral business from this. Also, people aren't afraid to have us come back out several times a year because our prices are so reasonable. Repeat business is best.