PDA

View Full Version : Low Vol 4 or Low Vol 6, cheap, why use anything else?

sedge
04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Warm season grass here, but cold weather:cry:. Trimec ain't worth a hoot by itself, with quick silver, pretty good, but that's fairly expensive.

I just checked the price on the Low Vol 4, $44.99 for 2.5 gallons and max rate of 1.5 oz per m2. So it is really cheap. Many have said it is really good, so why not use it instead?

thanx guys

greendoctor
04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Some weeds such as clover, spurges and oxallis will not go down completely with 2,4-D alone. You will need 1/4 lb Banvel to take those weeds out. I do not have much true clovers here in Hawaii, so MCPP is a useless and expensive component of Trimec. I used to kill lots of really hardened off weeds with just 2,4-D and Banvel. Threeway esters were never sold here except for Super Trimec. That was good stuff, at $90 per gallon in the 1990's I would be in trouble with the boss if it did not work better than Trimec amine. Fortunately it rocked on prostrate spurge and oxalis. Amines are useless on those two weeds.

Hermanator
04-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Some weeds such as clover, spurges and oxallis will not go down completely with 2,4-D alone. You will need 1/4 lb Banvel to take those weeds out. I do not have much true clovers here in Hawaii, so MCPP is a useless and expensive component of Trimec. I used to kill lots of really hardened off weeds with just 2,4-D and Banvel. Threeway esters were never sold here except for Super Trimec. That was good stuff, at $90 per gallon in the 1990's I would be in trouble with the boss if it did not work better than Trimec amine. Fortunately it rocked on prostrate spurge and oxalis. Amines are useless on those two weeds.

I just checked the label on Banvel, it does not list clover, spurges or oxallis. Does it get it's ability to kill in combo with the 2, 4-d ester? I see you said "you used to kill", so I assume that means your not using it any more? What are you using now?

Here is the link I used for the Banvel informationhttp://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld2CB008.pdf

greendoctor
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Look closely, those weeds are listed as ones that will be controlled by Banvel. Do not need to use Banvel + 2,4-D because Speedzone does the job. Oxalis is also known as woodsorrel.

Hermanator
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Look closely, those weeds are listed as ones that will be controlled by Banvel. Do not need to use Banvel + 2,4-D because Speedzone does the job. Oxalis is also known as woodsorrel.

Got it, thanx!