PDA

View Full Version : got a flyer but its missing something...suggestions?

TIMELESS
04-09-2008, 06:29 PM
i need something to separate myself from the competition...any help would be greatly appreciated thanks...heres what i got so far...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/time1ess/flyer.jpg

paul vroom
04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Just so you know where I am coming from. I am in desktop publishing. I manage the dept for a billion dollar printer, for the last ten years. The Flyer is nice but the graphics are a little hard on the eyes. They are distracting. For this flyers design I would say less is more. Lose the green leaf at the top. It does not run well with the rest of the piece and raise the oak leafs? up and away about .187 of an inch. I would down size the bullets, they should not be the same size as your capital letters. Lose the "s" in Landscape design services, maybe service all together. Each bullet point starts with a Capital until you get to "& all your.....you might want to change that to something like "Complete landscape provider", something other than what you have. You don't need to fill the whole flyer because you feel you are missing something. If anything else enlarge the ghosted tree a little, maybe skew it adding a little more height but the shade is perfect.

Well all I have is 2 cents so I am out. Also, you and I both know those are just opinions. Good job....

chesterlawn
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
You are very vague about your services. Give a little detail, maybe give a little history about your business.

mngrassguy
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Just so you know where I am coming from. I am in desktop publishing. I manage the dept for a billion dollar printer, for the last ten years. The Flyer is nice but the graphics are a little hard on the eyes. They are distracting. For this flyers design I would say less is more. Lose the green leaf at the top. It does not run well with the rest of the piece and raise the oak leafs? up and away about .187 of an inch. I would down size the bullets, they should not be the same size as your capital letters. Lose the "s" in Landscape design services, maybe service all together. Each bullet point starts with a Capital until you get to "& all your.....you might want to change that to something like "Complete landscape provider", something other than what you have. You don't need to fill the whole flyer because you feel you are missing something. If anything else enlarge the ghosted tree a little, maybe skew it adding a little more height but the shade is perfect.

Well all I have is 2 cents so I am out. Also, you and I both know those are just opinions. Good job....

I aggree. But maybe center your e-mail addy better

wallyturcotte
04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
-talk about your company/yourself