PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE leaf remover

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 05:54 PM
Yes it is.

summitgroundskeeping
11-30-2001, 06:02 PM
That's nice, but couldn't that bin be any larger? Is that 7-8 cubic feet of something?

Guido
11-30-2001, 06:04 PM
If you didn't have a leaf vac mounted to something with a dump bed!! ;)

It does make a good pair though. I assume you dump curbside and suck it up??

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 06:23 PM
I think it is 12 bushels. It does mulch them up as well as the blades.

You assume correct Dave. But before the truck vac we dumped in the woods.

Also muni's curb side vac too.

I've been argueing with a neighbor in the biz that, blowers, WB blowers and plows on the ZTR is faster than this system.

I proved him wrong. Similer lawns (size, shape, beds, trees, and leaves) 2/3's of the time he did it in with 2 guys to his 5. And they had to use tarps too.

No manual moving of leaves with this vac.

joshua
11-30-2001, 06:38 PM
hey godfather, do you ever clean your machine? just wondering. the peco vac looks good.

Green Care
11-30-2001, 06:52 PM
Hey, Godfather this 1 is old but do a good job Bobcat 54 w/vac.

65hoss
11-30-2001, 07:10 PM
Joshua, if you have time during leaf season to keep you mower spotless you need more work. Total waste of time to clean it when your working will leaves daily.

Kent Lawns
11-30-2001, 07:14 PM
LawnGodfather,

I'm surmising your machine is a 1999.

(Since you like to debate eXmarks, I thought I'd demonstrate my extensive eXmark knowledge.)

AltaLawnCare
11-30-2001, 08:35 PM
LGF,

Do you prefer that seperate engine drive blower to a belt drive ?

Have you compared to two? Or anyone using a separate engine driven vac to a belt drive?

GreenQuest Lawn
11-30-2001, 09:04 PM
Well I have to post mine.

My answer to wether I like the separate motor is yes. Mine has an 8hp BS. What is nice is, if I have a pile of leaves that I can not get to the lawn to vacume, I can slide the hose off at the deck and suck the leaves right up. This is also nice for the leaves that accumulate in loading docks. They always get soaked and are impossible to blow out.

On the down side I have lost many pair of gloves.:D

Oh mine is almost 9 bushel

landscaper3
11-30-2001, 09:15 PM
We demoed a Quick Vac system, belt driven. Didnt like it clogged all the time and was so heavy do to the big aluminum bin and front counter weights it slowed it down so much our Walkers were beating it. I think the types with added engines may work better but thats alot of extra fat to be pushing around (Fat = extra weight) Other problem I disliked was our Walker blades go in different directions which keep from blowing leaves and grass in front of our machine like the Quick vac system did on our Zmasters. How much extra weight was added if any on your system godfather? Does your system blow leaves and debri back in front of mower like ours did? Im curios to here for we are looking for a good bagging system for our Zmasters to compete with our Walkers and tried a few but were all major disapointments. Toro is making a special bagging sytem in 2002 for the Zmasters but havent seen one yet. I do like the added motor it must vaccume much better then the belt drives.

landscaper3
11-30-2001, 09:23 PM
(LAWNGODFATHER) I like your big truck, is it a International? whats the gvw? We saw one that I really wanted with a diesel motor but sold really fast. We have a retail mulch facility and at times are asked about big deliverys and we have 2 1ton dumps but we would like to get one the size you have I bet she will hold 10 to 12 yards of mulch or more. Nice big rig!!

Runner
11-30-2001, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Kent Lawns
LawnGodfather,

I'm surmising your machine is a 1999.

(Since you like to debate eXmarks, I thought I'd demonstrate my extensive eXmark knowledge.)
It's an EPS, so it would have to be atleast a 2000.:)

John DiMartino
11-30-2001, 09:28 PM
I have a trac-vac,I love having the separate motor,I use mine for cleaning up,and have most indutrail accounts have fences,I do over 3000 linear feet of fence line,I just unhook the hose from the chute( I leave the clamps loose),let it drag next the dixie,drive slow while the other guy blows backpacks everything out of the fence line,into the hose,it mulches it up good too,papers ,leaves,everything ,gone in no time.The corners get huge piles of leaves,I can suck them right out with the hose.After I demo'd the Hustler Z with bagger,I realized how much power those add on blowers suck,that poor engine(23 Kawi,was struggling so bad with the bagger,as soon as you pressed forward on the levers it bogged immediately.I know it would be way to much for my 25hp Kohler to handle.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 11:04 PM
Josh; it all mowers get cleaned when we are not busy.

Lawnzzz; old and still works is good.

Kent; '98 bought April 1998

Alta; used many different types, although the extra engine cost money to keep running and replace every 3 years, it more than makes up for broken belts. Also when the mower bogs down the pony motor keeps on suckin''

Todd; that's how we take the leaves from fenced in areas. If we have to one guy will kick the leaves to the suction tube. Or just keep running over then with the mower. All depends on the mood.

Landscaper3; IHC4900 gvw42,000 also weight is equivalent to the belt drivin vacs. Also you don't run as fast as mower will go so the added weight has no effect. and its all on the back wheels not the deck. BTW IHC will hold 20 yards.

Runner; they didn't have the 26hpEFI out yet so I had to take this one. 25hp Kohler.

John; You will notice no hose clamp on the boot, only on the vac side of the hose. Easier to clean out clogs, they don't happen as much once you get used to knowing how long it takes to fill, or listening to the pony motor to tell when it's getting full.

All in all after many types of systems I found this one and have been pleased ever since.

Kent Lawns
11-30-2001, 11:04 PM
EPS was 1999.

2000's had the deep deck.

LAWNGODFATHER
11-30-2001, 11:09 PM
Ultra deck came out in 2001

Premeired in '98 as trivantage 5.5" only on the Lazer 60". Deep deck renamed in 2001 as ultra

Came with taller tires to compensate for the deeper deck

awm
12-01-2001, 07:19 PM
lawngodfather u must be flat out bookin, all leaf season
to get a motor every 3yrs. sounds like mucho money.
later now

AltaLawnCare
12-01-2001, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the replies ;)

Todd,

I saw a Chopper that had been mud bogging. Now I see a Lazer thats just been washed and waxed - right after laying down those burn outs on the parking lot. :D

LJ lawn
12-01-2001, 08:49 PM
i used to use a trac-vac but since i bought a grasshopper,i have't used it in a while. actually i perfer the deck mounted quick-detach vac instead. a lot less maintenance and less weight.i also used mine to suck out beds but it's easier to just blow them out and vac up the leaves.

HOMER
12-02-2001, 09:13 AM
I use the Trac-Vac model 462. It has the seperate motor, a 6 hp Kohler. It does add weight to the machine but there's no doubt that it speeds up the process..............especially if you have a Chopper out in front doing some "pre-grinding".

I haven't left the hose unclamped yet, gotta try that for fence lines!

LAWNGODFATHER
12-02-2001, 01:30 PM
Homer you don't have to leave it loose for that, I leave it off more for clogs. You can have some one blow the fence line out prior to picking it up. It stays on by it self so no clamp is needed in this case.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
12-02-2001, 02:31 PM
One Word...." WALKER ":blob4:

dmk395
12-02-2001, 03:04 PM
How much is that vac attachment, Lawngodfather?

LAWNGODFATHER
12-02-2001, 03:18 PM
$2,200 with weight bar

David Gretzmier
12-02-2001, 11:31 PM
leaves- my bro uses the dual 55 gallon rubbermades w/ tracking wheels and an 8 horse briggs vac/chipper from trac vac. he takes out bags and leaves them for muni to pick up. no dumping, no truck dump, no billy goat vac. he unhooks the whole mechanism w/ 2 pins and leaves it on trailer for mowing/mulching only. we use the front mount grasshopper and dump and bag. nice laser vac. DAve g

LJ lawn
12-03-2001, 09:21 PM
walker -yeah right. jammed my blower fan at least 9 times today with leaves.finally it plugged up the intake only and i was able to mulch down the remaining 10 bushels of leaves to dust.they are good but not the ultimate.