PDA

View Full Version : Landscape install 2 for 1!!

nlminc
04-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I went out last Friday to meet with a prospective customer. We discussed his needs and I told him I would work on a bid over the weekend and have it to him by Wednesday. Not a big job. Just a little landscaping on the side of his house and around the back deck along the foundation type of thing.

Here's the email I received yesterday!

What's this industry coming too? If he's not BS'n me...

Chris,
I wanted to let you know that we have chosen another company to do our landscaping. We were on a time crunch and couldn't wait any longer. Plus, they offered a buy one get one free deal that we couldn't pass up. That was the main factor that we used to choose them.
Thanks for coming out and I will pass your information along to anyone I hear looking for landscaping work.
Thanks,
David

Mark Bogart
04-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Now that's low! The sad thing is there's people out there doing that all the time. They have no respect for others.

daveyo
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
So if they buy a $200 tree they'll add one for free?

stuvecorp
04-09-2008, 11:26 PM
They probably didn't mention this time crunch to you either, their loss not yours.

takeittothelimit
04-10-2008, 01:05 AM
sounds odd...........Why pass your info on, and not the 2 for 1 landscapers.

Airwave
04-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Atleast he had the decency to get back to you and let you know. I have lost count of people I have visited done design and quotes and never heard from them again.

nlminc
04-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Well, I sent him an email thanking him for letting me know. I asked who was running that "special" and he did reply with the name of the areas high end nursery! I checked their web site and sure enough....there's a 2 for 1 sale. No prices are listed and this place is known for having high prices, but most nurseries are seriously struggling in my area due to the drought so....

dougaustreim
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
One year I got a call on a Saturday morning requesting a quote on an irrigation system. I measured it that afternoon. 8:00 Monday morning I stopped back with the bid, and my competitor was already pulling pipe. I was just glad that I had enough work that I couldn't get there that fast if he had waited for our bid.

capetan
04-10-2008, 09:58 PM
those 2 for 1 jobs get you everytime :dizzy:...... i wonder what a 2 for 1 job looks like