PDA

View Full Version : uncharted terrioty

joshua
11-30-2001, 07:43 PM
customers are calling because the grass needs cut and the neighbors leaves are in their yards. my season should of been over 3 weeks ago but the weather is great, we're still in the 50's and the weather man said we'll be in the 40's and 50's for another 2 weeks. looks like i'm not gunna buy a plow this year it won't be worth it.

65hoss
11-30-2001, 08:07 PM
uhh ok. Just because the weather is nice for a few extra weeks shouldn't mean you can't plow snow.:confused:

GreenQuest Lawn
11-30-2001, 10:12 PM
GEE WIZ its not even winter yet.

landscaper3
11-30-2001, 10:26 PM
Look at the farmer almanac I think youll be sorry not plowing this year! Above average snowfall even for your region!

MATTHEW
11-30-2001, 11:06 PM
Hey, where is Struthers at? If it is southeast of a great lake, you may just get that snow you're after. The lakes are nice and toasty. Throw a few Alberta clippers over them, and you'll see some nice dumps. This weather is really remarkable. I'm usually done as well, but these lawns are still growing. What's up with that?:confused:

scottt
11-30-2001, 11:10 PM
We just got 3"-5" of snow earlier this week. Now the snow has melted and the bermuda is still green. Looks like everyone gets one more cut this year and that's it. I'm ready for a break, this is rediculous for Oklahoma.

dj'slawnservice
12-01-2001, 12:11 AM
old saying......
never try to cross a bridge before you get to it......
winter isn't here yet

LAWNGODFATHER
12-01-2001, 01:30 AM
Same boat here but we are picking up leaves and customers calling to get lawns mowed.

Like was said before don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Snow will come if your not prepared. If you don't get a plow then it will snow for weeks while you watch others make big$

Being prepared is the name of the game. And Lawn Care is the cake. Snow removal is the sugar in the icing.

Guido
12-01-2001, 02:05 AM
consider yourself lucky! Take the extra money with the season being longer this year, but don't hesistate with buying the plow. Usually when fall drags out into early winter, winter drags out some into spring and the snow comes late.

joshua
12-01-2001, 02:33 AM
ok, yes keeping this in mind last year we onlt had 6-8 snows of more than 2 inches, if that many. i just don't know if it will be worth buying a plow.

Phishook
12-01-2001, 02:50 AM
It'll snow, the lakes are still warm. Look for a used plow, I found a plow ready to go for $200.

John from OH
12-01-2001, 02:44 PM
I'm about an hour and a ahlf west of you. I'm in an area that does not get affect by Lake Erie. Our best winter was about 3 years ago. Weather was just about like it has been this fall. It stayed nice up until January 2. On the 2nd, we had about 6" of snow followed by 6 hours of rain, then freezing rain and back to snow all in a 24 hour period. This was the beginning of a cycle that lasted off and on for 14 days. After that, about every 3 weeks we had a 2-3 day event until late March. We ended that winter with 17 plows and 35+ salting events. I'd take a winter like that anytime.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-01-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Phishook
Look for a used plow, I found a plow ready to go for $200.

Is that on a Tonka truck?

Realy a use plow ready to mount for $200.

Find me many more. I'll come up and get all you can find!!!!!!!