PDA

View Full Version : New here...saying hello

anthony1995
04-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Hey guys. Just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. I currently live in Alabama but the wife and I are planning on relocating back to Tucson, Arizona. I'm a white collar corporate guy with an MBA. However, I'm SICK of the corporate world. I had a taste of running my own business last year as my wife and I started a commercial cleaning business. It did well but it just wasn't right for me. I prefer to be outside.

I have plans of moving back to Tucson and working full time in the awful...painful corporate environment. But, at the same time, I would like to establish a pool cleaning business and/or a landscaping business. Now being from Alabama, Arizona is a different beast. Lots of lawns and green here in Bama. Most of the work in Arizona seems to be prunning, mowing of very small lawns, shrub replacement, planting and lots of rock type landscape work.

Most of my close friends are in the mindset of you have to work for someone else. When I mention going out on my own...the ultimate goal...they look at me like I am from outerspace. Anyway, right now I'm researching landscaping and pool cleaning. I've also requested a new small buisness packet from the Tucson Chamber of Commerce so I can get a feel for licensing requirements. I've also made contact with a few insurance companies as well. I am also in the process of drafting a business plan to try and keep me on track. I just thought the pool cleaning and landscaping could go hand in hand as I'm calling the business Allen Property Care...trying to allow for diversity here. What are your thoughts? Am I heading in the right direction? I look forward to reading the replies. This website is excellent!